mexcio anyone

vickig
on 8/24/05 6:58 am - CRAWFORD, GA
i think i have asked this before. has anyone on this site gone to dr. aceves or any other dr. in mexcio. my sister wants me to talk with some one who has already gone.she told me she is afraid the postings are realy from people planted by the dr's to promote wls in mexcio! sha is not crazy. she's scared for me. so any ga. post ops from mexico are more than welcome to email me. i will be having lap rny. thanks to you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! v g
BeeHappe
on 8/24/05 7:37 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
I just got back from Dr. Joya in PV Mexico. It was the best experience that I have ever had with a doctor. The nurses and docs were awesome!!! I would recommend them to anyone. I spent 5 nights in the hosp because I went by myself, so they wanted to make sure I was ok and then I went to a 5 star resort which was beautiful and right on the beach. This was more like a vacation than a medical leave!!! Please email me if you have any questions, I will let you know any thing you need to know. Dr. Joya is #1 in my book!!!
vickig
on 8/24/05 7:43 am - CRAWFORD, GA
thank you beehappy!
Gitana
on 8/24/05 2:08 pm - taylorsville, UT
vicki, i am a real person and i had my surgery on 4/2/05 i personally had a lapband but i know that my surgeon does offer these other wls. he is a great surgeon and i have returned to him twice since then for gallbladder removal and for a fill. i have the upmost trust and confidence in him. he is Dr Huacuz and is located in Tijuana Mexico. The experience was great, my healing went well, and I would do it all over again in a second. Your sisters right to be leary, youve got to be careful when researching this type of surgery. Just educate yourself, do a little investigation and you should be fine. If youd like to write me i could tell you more in detail of my experience, id love to share. [email protected] if youd like to give me a call, id gladly give you (or your sister) my phone number and we could speak on the phone to ease your fears. Either way, the very best of luck to you! g
vickig
on 8/25/05 4:30 am - CRAWFORD, GA
you're so sweat thank you.i will email you soon
aperez
on 8/25/05 5:14 am - waco, TX
HI Vicki, I had my surgery in Monterrey Mexico on the 16 of April. I will be gald to answer any of your or your sisters questions. I thought the service i recieved in Mexico was outstanding, better that any hospital here. Send me a e-mial.
drhedg01
on 8/26/05 1:58 pm - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
Vicky, I'm just back from Dr. Joya, too. SO AWESOME!!!!! When I first started reading these posts I thought the same thing about them being a plant. You know, you have to be careful. I can tell you I'm a graduate student and researched the heck out of the doctors. Anyway, we're real people and there were four of us in Puerta Vallarta with Dr. Joya. Now we are all in love with Dr. Joya and his assistant surgeons (so cute and nice) and it has changed the way we've looked at American doctors for the rest of our lives! After you're discharged from the hospital, Dr. Joya or one of his team checks on you EVERY day at the hotel. They literally come there and check you out. I developed colitis from stress (it WAS NOT surgery but arguing with my sister) but I didn't know it was just stress. So I was in DEEP pain and my sister called the doctors and they were there in 10 minutes (no lie). They were all business and checked me over and told me what colitis is. They gave me some meds and told me to RELAX! They spent as much time as we needed them each time. My sister even had a bad hangover and the doctor said "call if it gets worse and I'll come over." They are SOOOO professional but so kind. Good luck on your research and keep asking questions!
EBruce
on 8/27/05 7:05 am - Vero Beach, FL
Hi Donna, I was banded by Dr. Aceves just over a year ago and have been back to him twice for fills. He was great and I do not think I would have gotten such good care in the US!! I am a real person, my photo is on his site and I would be happy tell you about my experience. Good Luck, Elizabeth 240/190/140
Flor_Bellas
on 8/29/05 1:52 pm - Miami, FL
Hi Vicky, I think I've posted to you before. I'm a real person and not planted by anyone. I'm from Miami, Florida and I had my lap band surgery with Dr. Aceves. I have NEVER ever had such wonderful care from any doctor here in the USA. He was the best. He would come by my hospital room to see me at least 3 times a day, every time he would sit a spell and chat with me about everything and anything. I absolutely loved him. If you want, you can email me directly as well and I will speak to you privately if you want. You will NEVER go wrong with Dr. Aceve. Maria
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views