Two New Questions on Dr. Aguirre

meliwriter
on 8/22/05 9:11 pm - Powell, OH
Hi everyone, I have been talking with Rosella about the surgery and I asked two questions and didn't really get straight answers. I just think that she didn't understand what I was asking. I cannot get my surgery done until December, because I will not have enough vacation and sick leave before then and I ahve too many major projects that I cannot leave. I am planning on taking out a loan to cover the surgery costs. Should I have Rosella book the date eventhough the loan hasn't cleared. Should I try to get all the money now and then just hold onto it in an account until the surgery date? What have others done? Also how long has the recovery period been with his patients, getting the open RNY surgery? I think she said I could go back to work after three weeks. I am planning on being off four and only working half days for another two as needed but I wanted to know what others had experienced. Thanks for all your help!
Amanda
on 8/22/05 11:09 pm - Kearney, NE
I would have her book the date right away! If you wait until December, there will be no way you can get in then and will have to wait another couple of months!!! I would also apply for the loan now. You can apply and tell them the date you would like the money. That way you don't have to pay the interest for those months that the money is just sitting in your account!!! My recovery time was kind of in stages. At 2 weeks, I was able to drive, at 4 weeks able to eat more solid types of food, and at 8 weeks able to start lifting light objects. I think it was 3 or 4 months before I actually was picking up my kids!!! I may have been alittle over cautious though!! You just have to listen to your body, and you will know when you are ready to add more things into your daily routine!!! But, I would say that after 1 week, I felt really good - just tired!! Good luck on your surgery! It is the best decision that I ever made for myself!!!! A
sharris
on 8/22/05 11:50 pm - miami, FL
HELLO MELISSA.......I HAVE A SURGERY DATE IN 08/06 SO I MADE SURE THAT THE DATE I WANTED WAS AVAILABLE I BOOKED IT EARLY....THEY IS ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT BOOK THERE SURGERY IN ADVANCE...
gogeko
on 8/23/05 1:08 am - Palmer, AK
HI MELISSA I BOOKED MY SURGERY 6 MONTHS EARLY. I HAD IT 5.31.05. MY RECOVERY WENT VERY WELL. I WAS OFF WORK FOR 3 WEEKS. I HAVE A FAIRLY ACTIVE JOB. NO SITTING AT ALL EXCEPT AT BREAK TIME. I ORIGONALLY WAS GOING TO TAKE 5 TO 6 WEEKS OFF BECAUSE I JUST WASNT SURE HOW MY RECOVERY WOULD GO. BUT IT WAS GOING SO WELL I DECIDED TO RETURN AT 3 WEEKS. I STARTED OUT WORKING 6 HOUR SHIFTS AND EVENTUALLY WENT BACK TO FULL TIME. ALTHOUGH I WAS FEELING GOOD AT THREE WEEKS AFTER SURGERY I DID STRUGGLE WITH MY STAMINA THE FIRST FEW WEEKS BACK TO WORK. IM VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE UNDERSTANDING BOSSES WHO WERE WILLING TO WORK WITH MY NEEDS. RECOVERY IS AN INDIVIDUAL THING. GO AHEAD AND TAKE THE 3 WEEKS OFF AND LET YOUR BOSS KNOW THAT YOU COULD BE GONE LONGER IF YOU HAVE COMPLICATIONS OR ARE NOT FEELING WELL ENOUGH TO WORK. KEEP YOUR DR. UPDATED ON YOUR RECOVERY. THAT WAY THEY CAN GIVE YOU A MEDICAL RELEASE TO RETURN TO WORK. OR AT LEAST YOU CAN HAVE A DRS BACKING IF YOU NEED MORE TIME OFF. ALSO LET YOUR DR KNOW WHAT YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION IS AND HAVE THEM PUT IN YOUR RELEASE TO WORK ANY RESTRICTIONS THAT MAY APPLY SUCH AS LIFTING HEAVY OBJECTS. I WISH YOU THE BEST CINDY
Robbin
on 8/23/05 7:03 am - OK
Would you do it over again in Mexico? How much have you lost if I may ask? I thought you looked great before. Thanks, Robbin
jarrn03
on 8/24/05 2:05 am - Lebanon, OR
I would do it 10x over again in a heartbeat! I've lost 105 lbs since surgery. I lost the first 95 in about 9 mo and have gradually lost the rest. I had absolutley no complications. I took 2 wks off work..i am a Labor and Delivery nurse so It's not a sitting job. I believe the more active you are the quicker you recover. Be in tuned to your body, rest when it says rest. I came home with subligual tordol and only took one on the flight home then I only took liquid adult tylenol for about a week off and on. Book it now, get the loan now...you won't regret it one bit! Good luck! Julie 255/150/148
WindyLady L.
on 8/23/05 9:53 am - Grants Pass, OR
Hi there, Ok so I'm crazy. I had my surgery on 8/12 of this year. I went back to work which is an office job situation on the 8/22 I feel fine. The important thing to remember is to listen to your body. When I am tired I have a recliner I can go lay down in. I take walks through out the day when I can take the heat. When I come home I shower, walk and rest. Its up to you and your body as to what you can handle. I am not driving and won't for at least 4 weeks only because I don't want to take a chance with the crazy drivers out here. Book your appointment now and request apartment #1 its really nice. get your cashiers checks and pay when you get there. take extra money in case something comes up (example need a another blood test after surgery or what ever.) If I had it to do over I would have gone a day in advance or even a couple so I could have had the time to enjoy the wonderful food (note I do have a weight problem. heheh) before not being able to sample it.... Good luck and God Bless
GW
on 8/23/05 12:43 pm - Weatherford, TX
Hey Melissa, By all means go ahead and book it now! That way you will have your pick of dates and know that you will have what you need. I booked my first date in September. When I didn't have the money, I had to cancel. Rosella was very nice! I tried to cancel about 2 weeks before when it wasn't looking very positive, but she only asked for 2-3 days. Later, when it started looking better again I rebooked. They never charged me a cancellation fee or anything. I just thought I would mention that in case that was part of your concern. As for the recovery, not only is a dependent on how well you feel and how fast you feel that way, but what sort of job you have. Listen to your body. Don't ru**** but if you feel up to going back and the job is not physical, do it. I had my surgery March 4, 2005 and I took the whole 6 weeks. I could have gone back sooner, but didn't want to! Sept. 4 will be 6 months and I feel great. I have lost 78 pounds now! You will be so happy you did this for yourself! Genie
Ferchie
on 8/24/05 4:21 am - Twin Falls, ID
I got my surgery date about a month ago, and it is not till Oct 25, and I just applied for my loan yesterday. I say get your date set now and work on getting the money starting now, too. You don't want to wait to long otherwise you might not get the date you want, Dr A is a very popular man and gertting more and more so as days go on...
lakerskobeb
on 8/25/05 1:16 am - Canton, OH
Hi Melissa, I am having my surgery with dr. A on January 10, 2006 and I made my appointment in April. I was originally supposed to go down in June but my loans didnt come through. I waited until January so that I could save up at least 3,000 of my own money and the rest are loans. I also waited so that I can have enough vacation time to take 3 weeks if I needed it. Good luck and keep in touch, you are the only person I have seen that is going anywhere near my date. Oh and fyi, make sure you have your loans secured at least 3 months in advance. Ronda Williams
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views