Cost of lap band in mexico

winky
on 8/21/05 2:08 am - somewhere over the rainbow, NJ
Hi guys, Well I have been turned down by insurance so I guess this is the way to go. I have a number of questions. From start to finish how many trips do you have to make to mexico? How long of a stay? The average cost of the lap band or by pass. If I get lap band are there dr. in the usa that will give you a fill? Thanks Maryellem
twistienicholl
on 8/22/05 12:49 am - Las Vegas, NV
Here is what I know so far..... Dr. Ortiz does Lapband surgery in Tijuana Mexico for 9500. He will pick you up at the San Diego airport... or the border... and drive you to a 5 star hotel where you will stay for 3 nights... when you get there, they do your preop appointments that day, and then you are set for surgery the next day... you will stay at the hospital that night and return to the hotel the next day. You stay the night at the hotel and then they will take you back to the airport or border... his website is www.obesitycontrolcenter.com
aperez
on 8/22/05 3:34 am - waco, TX
HI Maryellen, I had mine done by Dr. Rodriguez in Monterrey Mexico. He has several driffren packages to choose from. You can go to his supprot site at bandstersforum.com and get to his web pages.Fill out a short form and one of his patient cordinators will contact you. I hope this helps.
psgraham29
on 8/22/05 2:18 pm - Seattle, WA
I had a Lap RNY by Dr. Rumbaut. It was $14,600. However, you should confirm that price by going to his website. -Pam
CALIGIRL T.
on 8/22/05 3:02 pm - TX
hi, the most inexpensive so far that i know of is in Nuevo Laredo with Dr.Delagarza from Monterray he'll come down to the hospital there and perform the procedure which is cheaper that having it done in his hospital in monterray. Total cost is 7000 you just pay your way and you stay only 1 day and you spend the night there in the hospital even if your surg is scheduled for the next day and your fam/friend can stay in there with you and they will also be taken care of . All this for only 7000! We had it done there and everything went great. I also had a tummy tuck there as well.
bonnied
on 8/22/05 4:14 pm - St. Albans, VT
I had Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey on 6/3/05, spent only 10 days for a laprascopic RNY bypass. Now my PCP at home can take care of everything else, I didn't get a band and finding a fill doc was one of the reasons. My total cost was $16500, including airfare (from VT) and hotel. I know his lapbands are a lot less. Check him out, his record is amazing.
Ally
on 8/23/05 9:03 am - Abilene, KS
I will be banded by Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey on Sept. 15th! I pay the airfare and he is charging me $8500.00, whi*****ludes 3 nights stay at the Hampton Inn, pre-op testing,the Inamed band, and a year of free fills. Hope this is helpful. I am not sure how long he will be charging this price. He has done over 3,000 successful lapband procedures. If you're checking into either procedure, don't overlook Dr. Rumbaut. I have done my research and feel I have chosen one of the best lap surgeons in the world. Safety is in numbers. Now I am waiting on the sidelines for my surgery date to arrive! Ally
Gitana
on 8/24/05 5:16 am - taylorsville, UT
Maryellem, Dr Huacuz, Tijuana Mex.. $7250, all inclusive, round trip airfare for one, 2 nights five star hotel, all pre & post op tests as well as aftercare, medications, and transportation to and from the hotel. Had mine in April, down 45 pounds and counting.. There is a facility here (Salt Lake City) that will fill the band for $150, dont know if that helps but its worth a shot! Best of luck to you babe~ g
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views