Surgery in Mx? Fills in WA state?

Renee135
on 8/20/05 5:44 pm - seattle, WA
Okay, i just figured out how to get into the south of the border message board??? Duh? I have met with a surgeon here paid my 200 bucks for 20minutes and now i think i want to go to Mexico? This surgeon and his office are really nice they are all christians but i am self pay--and if i go to Mexico i could have it done as soon as they had an opening--if i stay here i have to find another 8,000 to match my current 8,000 savings! looking for support--friends freak at the idea of me going Mexico! Where would i get my fills in WA? Should i go alone or take someone with me? Thanks Leslie "Renee"
LovenLife
on 8/20/05 11:58 pm - Hollywood, FL
RNY on 06/14/11 with
Don't let your friends sway you. I just returned from Mexico, I got the Lap Band done with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta. It was the most wonderful experience I have ever had. From the minute I was picked up at the airport till the minute I left Dr. Joya and his staff were amazing. If you are wanting the bypass he was even great with that. Most of the people I was there with were having the bypass. Dr. Joya would even come to the hotel once they were released from the hospital to check on them and if not him one of the other doctors would. The Lap Band was $8000 and I think the bypass was $12000 but that pays for everything. I would suggest taking someone with you. I took my Mom and I was so happy she was there. As well I met a family there whose son was getting the Lap Band but Dr. Joya was also training them in how to do the fills and they were from Washington State, Near Marysville if I remember right. They are still in Puerto Vallarta but I can email them to find out when they will be home. In fact, the mom had her Lap Band surgery in the states and was amazed at how much more care, respect, attention, etc was given to her son, she was wishing she would have gone to Dr. Joya herself. It is a hard decision, but it will be the best one you have ever made. Good Luck and feel free to keep in contact. Susan
Lorraine Wentz
on 8/21/05 3:07 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Leslie, I implore you to read as many profiles of post ops that had surgery in Mexico that you can. I promise they will inform you of everything and make you feel at ease. It will also give you the knowledge to feel comfortable explaining the ins and outs of surgery in Mexico to your friends and family. Have you decided to have lap band or are you still thinking about which procedure to have? Cheers! Lorraine
Renee135
on 8/21/05 5:27 am - seattle, WA
Thanks a bunch Ladies, I keep reading post-ops and see only positive comments about surgery in Mexico. I am pretty confident the lap band is for me...I am 225 and 5'1 I need to lose about a 100 pounds which i bleive is very reasonalbe for the band. Secondly, I just can't see changing my anatomy forever (I am a nurse) this seems to risky for a 100 pounds. Worse case scenario i find myself back in this same spot a couple years from now and i have one more option-bypass. Plus i have read that after a period of time 5years or so that there is an increase in the amount of food and in increase in the type of foods one can eat with bypass, as a result weight gain. Now with the band the period of weight loss is slower which the body seems to adjust to better than rapid weight loss. I also understand that I will always be able to adjust the band so i will be able to adjust to any changes due to stretching (no real food tolerance problems-breads somewhat) pregnancies, illness etc.... These are simply my thoughts any imput is welcomed and appreciated. Do you think they would let me do my own fills as a nurse? How do i tell my best friend who will absolutley freak at the idea of me going to Mexico? Thanks so much GOD BLESS US ALL Lesle "Renee"
cshriver
on 8/21/05 10:40 am - Casper, WY
Renee, I had my Lap Band in Mexacali with Dr Aceves. He was so awesome. He has done over 2000 Lap Bands and I believe he helps train US docs. THe hospital was very clean and modern. I would have my surgery there again in a heart beat. My family and friends were freaked about it but I told them to look on this web site and on Dr. Aceves to hear all the praises that inviduals have for the Mexican Docs. they caved and I had an excellent experience. I belive the lap band was the best choic for me. I had my surgery on August 3 and have not weighed since the second week out. I lost 13 pounds at that point. By the way Dr. Aceves rate is $8200.00. Good luck with your search Carla
Lena Kay
on 8/22/05 6:03 am - WA
For fills you might check out Dr. Ki Hyun Oh in Federal Way. He takes some Mexico patients. His price for lapband is about 12,500 including everything - hospital, anesthesia, nutritionist, etc. I went to Mexico for lapband surgery before finding Dr. Oh, and everything went great. Good luck!
sweet
on 8/31/05 11:59 am - marysville, Wa
Hi Renee- Not sure what part of Seattle you're in. Theres also Dr. Fox in Tacoma (an associate of Dr. Rumbaut) and a Dr. Cheblis in Ballard that will take Mexican Banded patients, for aftercare, as long as they have the Inamed Band. Also for your knowledge, Dr. Rumbaut is a Proctor for the Inamed Band and is in Holland for a Bariatric Conference as I write this. Dr. Rumbaut also has the band himself and has lost 115lbs and looks awesome! The hospital used by Dr. Rumbaut is Hospital San Jose in Nuevo Leon, Monterrey. State of the Art teaching hospital. They are a full service hospital equipped for all and any emergencies. They do transplants there daily, so that says alot for the hospital. One more thing...you will be given the cell phone numbers for Dr. Rumbaut and his assistants, so when you come back home to the states like my husband and I did, you can call or email them with all questions. The hotel they put you up in is called the Hampton Inn Galerias, it is located in the front of a grocery/shopping mall. Next door is McDonalds and an AppleBees. The hotel serves a free breakfast in the lobby every morning, and a lite dinner in the evening for all of it's hotel guest, nice! HTH-Hugs, Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views