Anyone out there?

Renee135
on 8/20/05 4:51 pm - seattle, WA
Seeking info. from anyone who has had surgery in Mexico? Every time i mention it my friends freak out???
Rickey C.
on 8/21/05 10:36 am - Benton, KS
I just had lap rny done in Monterrey Mexico on July 15th and everything went absolutely excellent. I was never afraid of anything while there, I stayed at the Hampton Inn and had better service there than any other hotel ever. Everyone is very friendly.
honestkate
on 8/21/05 11:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
Let them freak. Next year this time, they'll be signing up when they see how great you look!
aperez
on 8/22/05 3:37 am - waco, TX
HI Leslie, I had mone done in Monterrey on 4/16/05, and I feel great. I was treat like a queen at the hospital and hotel. Way better service over there than here in the states.
BeeHappe
on 8/22/05 11:42 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Hi Leslie: I just got back from PV Mexico and had bypass surgery. Just got back on Friday and feel great. I know my family freaked and so did my friends. I just tell them, don't Mexican people get sick too? Where do you think they go. Out back with the pigs!!!! The hosp that I stayed at was 100 times better than the hosp here in the states that I would have had my surgery done at. The nurses and docs are just different, in a good way. They actually care!!! I am very pleased with my doc and my experience with Dr. Joya. Good luck and you need to do what is right for you!!! Jen
psgraham29
on 8/22/05 2:22 pm - Seattle, WA
Read the profiles (mine included). Tells you all about it. I was really happy with my experience. Great doctor (Dr. Rumbaut), great team, great hospital. -Pam
CALIGIRL T.
on 8/22/05 3:05 pm - TX
Dr. Delagarza came down from MOnterray to Nuevo Laredo and performed the surg there. 7000 total cost you just pay your way. you stay 1 night there in the hospital and fam can stay with you. email me for more info.
bonnied
on 8/22/05 4:21 pm - St. Albans, VT
Now that my surgery is over, I'm glad I do not have to justify my going to mexico. I just say I had surgery in an alley behind a tortilla factory! Of course that's not true at all, but it gets a good laugh. Research the docs and make your own decision and do not take advice from anyone who has not been there because they are speaking out of fear and lack of knowledge, not experience! I had Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey (read my profile) and would go back to that hospital in a second! Remember there is risk involved no matter where you have surgery, or what kind of surgery you have. For me the risk to go to Monterrey was actually less because the WLS locally is involved in too many lawsuits for me to feel good about taking a chance here. Best of luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views