I am home too!!! YEA

LovenLife
on 8/20/05 10:46 am - Hollywood, FL
RNY on 06/14/11 with
Jenny and Donna it was great to see your posts. I am so glad to hear that you guys are doing well. The flight home was uneventful but I was soooo tired when I got home. Finally slept the whole night without a sleeping pill or anything. Mom woke me because she was worried that I had slept so long. Sat and watched tv, then went for a little walk. Then I had to go to bed, slept for 2 1/2 hours and still feeling tired. I have to get this drinking water a lot down. Mom is on me constantly about it. I keep feeling a little light headed. How were you guys after 3 days? Anyone else can answer that too. Oh yea, for everyone else I got the band. Donna I agree, we are all in love with Dr. Joya, I was so amazed to hear that he hunted you down at the hotel. You know the only bad thing is that I will always look at doctors in the US and be thinking about how much more Dr. Joya seemed to care. Well, can't wait to hear from you all. Donna tell everyone there that they have us back hear praying and cheering them on. Jenny, Thank you for everything you did to help me when I was there. All of you were and are so amazing and I look forward to going through this journey will all of you! Susan
drhedg01
on 8/22/05 7:17 am - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
Hi Susan!!!!! I´m so glad to see you on here! I´m using the Cyber Cafe and hoped you would post. I´m glad the flight was uneventful. I know how worried you were and I am starting to think about mine!! I agree that I will forever look at American doctors differently now and their attitude will seem even colder. Maybe I will rectify that by moving to Mexico... I have had serious sleeping spells, too, as had Kina (who is also doing really well). You know, I can sleep three or four hours per day and still sleep all night. Just let your body dictate what you need. As far as the water, I pour a cup of liquid and sip on it to the bottom. Drinking from bottles leaves me with no idea how much I´ve had at all so I don´t even try anymore. I have a hard time with straigh****er so I try Gatorade or the 1/2 juice 1/2 water. Kina and I were talking about how difficult it is with liquids at this point so don´t feel alone. With respect to being light-headed, what helped me was having the broth since there is a lot of salt in it. Try Campbells soup. God knows they have a ton of salt in it lol. It was so great to be down here with you. We are still talking about what a beautiful girl you are inside and out! I hope we all have a reunion next summer! Keep us posted!!!!
BeeHappe
on 8/22/05 11:53 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
It is so good to hear that you are home. My flight was uneventaful also only got rerouted but got home safe. I am having trouble getting in my water. Bought Crystal Lite today already made and that is much better. I have had black bean soup pureed and oatmeal had been my friend. I made the custard out of the Marias book and it is really good. REally sweet but doent bother me. I have been eating alot of jello too. Can not wait to get to the next stage. I have lost 22 lbs as of today. But it seems like I have a glass or bottle in my hand 24/7. I feel a little dry today so tried getting more in. But it will come eventually. Carlos and Kent were so glad that I was home and Bruna my foreign exchange student arrived safely also. I already miss Dr. Joya and his staff. I go to see my regular doc here Monday to get my vitamin layout and I hope that he is very open about my surgery in Mexico. I hope that he gives me the same care as Dr. Joya would be giving me. Well just got on a minute and going to bed. I am so glad that everyone is doing great!! Yes, a year from now we will all have to get together!!!! Take care and I will be talking to you all soon!!! Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views