questions from a newbie

yarn
on 8/16/05 10:46 am - Taylor, AZ
I was banded on 7/27/05 and for the last several days, I feel like I have to burp constantly. It is worse when I try to eat, it feels like there is a bubble that I need to get rid of so that I can swallow. I've tried to take the anti-gas medication, but it doesn't seem to help. Has anyone else experienced this? HELP!! I feel like I'm going to explode.. Also, I've seen some abbreviations used and can't figure out what they mean... one in particular is PB???
Just Me
on 8/16/05 10:58 am - Happy Place, TN
I was RNY on June 1 2005, so as far as banded information... you'll probably have better responses from other banded folks... But, if if you feel gas, or something stuck... ask your doctor about taking papaya enzyme. As an RNY if I swallow something too large, or too much within a short time period... oh goodness - it feels as if I swallowed a brick (to borrow a phrase from someone else). In that case- USE papaya enzyme. It dissolves food and likely will ease the gas as well.
chunkable
on 8/17/05 5:07 am - federal way, wa
hi barbara I had a band before i switched to the rny and that burping will go away. They fill your tummy with gas when they do the band surgery and somehow it works its way through your system to get out... I was even getting pains in my shoulders from the gas that was trapped and trying to get out. You can eat some chewable gas x worked like a charm... Pb ing is the abbreviation bandsters use for puking back up what you ate that didn't go down. You will become very aquainted with this as time goes on lol. Sometimes when you overeat with a band or when you have a day when your band is really tight it won't let food down and you try to eat and it makes you throw up but it's not like regular puking it's more like saliva that comes back up.. Gross I know but you asked lol hope this helps Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views