one month post op

DONNA RELLA
on 8/15/05 5:10 am - Uvalde, TX
I am one month out and have lost 33 lbs. I feel ok most of the time. I have only thrown up once. I dont usually get hungry but miss eating the tasty stuff. I have had a few people tell me that i seem depressed or just not the same... i dont know what that is about, but i am trying to figure it out. My clothes are very loose and it feels pretty good. I really need someone to talk to about my diet though... if you remember this time frame and have to time to answer some questions, please let me know. Also... i hardly use the bathroom... #1 or #2.... and i feel weird about that. so, any input would be appreciated. thanks..
chunkable
on 8/15/05 7:20 am - federal way, wa
donna feel free to email me if you'd like. [email protected] I just hit the 100 pound mark today and you will get there too hon the worst part is over now... Hugs Cindy
Just Me
on 8/15/05 10:02 am - Happy Place, TN
Donna, Please, DRINK MORE WATER. It will help.
gogeko
on 8/15/05 10:46 am - Palmer, AK
HI DONNA JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I GO #2 ABOUT EVERY OTHER DAY NOW. SOMETIMES IT WILL BE DAILY. BUT ON AVERAGE FOR ME IT IS EVERY OTHER DAY. THE FIRST FEW WEEKS IT WAS ABOUT 3 TO 4 DAYS BETWEEN. IM NOT SURE HOW OTHERS ARE DOING. ABOUT BEING DEPRESSED, DO YOU FEEL DEPRESSED?... I FEEL "DIFFERENT" THAN I DID BEFORE SURGERY. I WOULDNT SAY THAT IT IS DEPRESSION. BUT I WAS FOCUSED FOR SO LONG ON REACHING MY GOAL TO HAVE SURGERY.( OVER 5 YEARS.) AND WHEN A DATE WAS SET FOR ME 6 MONTHS BEFORE I HAD SURGERY THAT WAS ALL I FOCUSED ON. ALMOST EVERY WAKING HOUR. IT WAS THE FIRST THING I THAUGHT OF IN THE MORNING AND THE LAST THING I WAS TALKING ABOUT BEFORE GOING TO BED. AND NOW THAT THE TRIP AND THE SURGERY IS OVER I FEEL "EMPTY" OR "LOST". AND I THINK ITS BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING PRESSING MY MIND ALL THE TIME. I DO FEEL GOOD. I HAVE LOST 54.5 POUNDS NOW. MY ENERGY HAS RETURNED TO NORMAL. BUT AT TIMES LESS THAN NORMAL. I DO STRUGGLE WITH PROTIENS AND WATER. LIKE YOU, I MISS EATING THE WAY I USED TOO. BUT THANK GOD I WILL NEVER EAT THE WAY I USED TO. I BROUGHT HOME FRIED CHICKEN THE OTHER NIGHT FOR THE FAMILY AND THE SMELLS WERE DRIVING ME CRAZY. I WANTED SOME SO BAD. I GAVE IN AND HAD SOME. BUT I WAS GOOD. I HAD PROBABLY 2 TO 3 OUNCES OF THE BREAST WITH OUT THE SKIN. BUT IN THE DAYS BEFORE SURGERY I COULDVE WOLFED DOWN 3 OR 4 PIECE OF CHICKEN EASILY. I AM SO GLAD THAT EVEN THO TEMPTED I WILL NEVER OVER INDULGE AGAIN. I HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR YOU. THERE ARE A LOT OF NICE PEOPLE HERE TO HELP. HUGGS TO YOU CINDY PS. I BOUGHT A BOOK THE OTHER DAY WRITTEN BY SUSAN MARIA LEACH. SHE HAD RNY A FEW YEARS BACK. IN THIS BOOK SHE JOURNALED HER EXPERIENCE. AND SHE ALSO PUT IN OVER A HUNDERED RECIPES FOR HIGH PROTIEN MEALS AND SNACKS. LOOK FOR IT IF YOU CAN. CHECK EBAY. I BOUGHT IT NEW AT BOOK STORE FOR 25.00.
bonnied
on 8/15/05 11:26 am - St. Albans, VT
Hey Donna! You are doing great! 33 pounds, wow! I think there are many things about WLS that change us. For me, the mourning of food and the "good old days" was one of them. I was ready to smack my dear husband and child just because they could eat and I couldn't! Honestly, I haven't been "the same" since surgery either, it's a life changing event. Frankly, I was just happy I made it through alive! But I also think others (who know about my WLS) around me say I've changed, while co-workers and other friends say I haven't changed a bit! So how much is really me, and how much is their attitudes changing because I'm physically changing? My best friend of 11 years if being miserable to me because I am almost her size now, in fact, I can wear her jeans. She won't admit it out loud to me or herself, but she's insanely jealous! The closer I get to her size, the more rude and nasty comments she has. She had told me before surgery, "You can't have WLS, I'll be the only fat one left!" and now it's coming true for her. It is an adjustment for everyone in your life, just try not to take it too personal. I just remember one of the things we talked about in class before WLS, WLS isn't a positive change for everyone. You would think everyone should just be happy about it, but they aren't. They have to deal with it too, and for some it's hard. Also I've noticed I have quite a few hormone surges. Estrogen is stored in fat, when you lose weight, it enters your blood stream. I've been having mood swings and hot flashes and I'm only 30! If you feel "down" or notice changes like wanting more sleep, losing interest in the things you normally love, you could have depression. Even if you don't, having a counselor is a nice thing. I've been to one because my local WLS program insists on it. Suprisingly, I found it helpful! I like having someone "neutral" to talk to, and liked the advice about what I might encounter in the future during my weight loss. She is a counselor who has had experience with WLS. As for the potty thing, you are not drinking enough! You should be urinating as much as before surgery. For #2, I'm having a hard time too, I am not able to eat enough to go regularly. I used to go daily, now it's about every four days. As long as passing it is not difficult, you shouldn't be concerned (that's what my doc said anyway). Donna I wish you the best of luck! You have a lot of courage and I really admire you for it! Hugs~ Bonnie
GerrAnn
on 8/16/05 5:52 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Donna You are doing great with your weight!! 33lbs in a month is awesome.. I think many of us thought this would be so easy after surgery.. but it's not.. I feel that it is a tool that has more or less made me be a "good girl" most of the time...I do agree with the last post (sorry I forgot who wrote it just remembered what she said) your body and hormones are going thru turmoil right now.. You are in the early stages after surgery.. I'm sure that in just a couple months or so things will get much easier for you... hopefully. I went from being in mental-pause for many years to having my periods every month again.. Now that in it'self is enough to throw anybody into depression... Make sure that you are taking all your vitamins to help with the energy levels and I started eating a hand full of nuts to help with the #2 problem.. I'm kinda of partial to the cashews but wouldn't recromend them because of the fat etc... Keep your chin up kiddo... Start taking walks with a friend or something to get that energy up!!! I would surely talk to your doctor if things don't improve for you... GerrAnn 245/181/145
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views