Dr. Ungson NE1?

Tufer777
on 8/15/05 3:20 am
Has anybody had the DS by Dr. Ungson in Hermosillo Mexico? Any comments if so? He seems to be the most reasonable $$wise, is very willing to answer my questions promptly and is the closest to my home. This is his response to me...sorry so long! 1st RESPONSE: Thank you very much for your e-mail. >We have almost 5 years performing DS and our approach is by open. We usually take only less than two hrs in surgery and patients can recover fastly. We notice that patients by lap can recover fast as well, but the cost is almost double. Hermosillo is very close to the border with Arizona. You can fly fromTijuana and in 45 mins you are here. Our charge for the whole surgery, including hospital and doctors'fee is 11,000 USD. How quick? Middle of September. If patients comes alone, no problem. We take care of them. Our team includes assistan, nurse, and all the medical group. What we need as preop evaluation iis blood exams ( RBC, WBC, platelete, glucose, urea, creat., hepatic function test, PT, PTT, parathoromone, Vit. D) Also, send me a short medical history ( Age, weight, height, diseases you have, meds you take, surgeries before, allergies, hepatitis, respiratory problems, etc.) For the follow up, there is no doubt that Ds is the most comfortable surgery for the long term follow up. Just remember that you must take vitamins and calcium daily. Please, check my web page _www.drungson.com_ (http://www.drungson.com/) There you can find more info Thanks again Dr. Ungson 2nd RESPONSE to my hubby's concerns: No problem. I will answer every one of your questions. There is a nurse in my team-. She can helps you in the hotel if you need her. Usually patients do not need more care after they live the hospital. Some patients prefer stay in the hospital if they come alone. But it is not necessary. Any way, if you prefer to have a permanent nurse with you, we can do it, but that could represents an extra cost. The anesthesiologist is DR. JUAN FRANSCISO SOTO GALINDO. His e-mail [email protected] or [email protected] You can talk with him about your concern of anesthesia. He is a very experienced physician ( 20 year of experience) and no doubt about his experience in anesthesia for obese people. How clean is our hospital? We are not a typical border little hospital. I mean, there are too many hospitals in the border, with 5 or six rooms. No, we are a tipycal american hospital. Actually, it is an american one, since its construction. It is very clean. It does not seems a hospital. Its web page is www.cimahermosillo.com.mx You can visit and send questions We had performed up to 100 DS with no deaths fortunately.Just one leak in a begining patient BMI 80!!. I was trained in DS in Spain with Dr. Baltasar. I am not sure if there is a flight from SD, but from TJ, totally sure. Ask for Aeromexico. After surgery, I suggest to stay in my city for four more days. About the cost if a complication appears, depends of the complication. We never had had embolism or wound infection. Just one leak and one reoperation in the next day. I do not perform the surgery by laparoscopy because it is more expensive and because I need to be trained in perform that specific procedure by lap. I have a lot experience in laparoscopic surgery ( more than 6,000 procedures) over gallblader, antireflux surgery, hernias, colon, bowel resection, spleen, etc. Inclusive, laparoscopic banding and gastric by-pass. But not in DS still. Actually, maybe I am one of the two more experienced surgeon in lap surgery in the northwest of my country. ( The other one is in TJ). American patients for DS? Most of my patients come from US. Surgery in Friday. Maybe, we must check our agenda. Thanks and have a nice day Dr. Ungson
twistienicholl
on 8/15/05 4:16 am - Las Vegas, NV
Where do you live... it sounds like you are close to San Diego.... Try looking up Dr. Ortiz. He is less expensive (a little) $9,500. I think that Dr. Ungson mentions him in the end of your paragraph.. the "one in TJ". Are you close to TJ? Also... if you are close or flying to San Diego Dr Ortiz's office will drive you too and from the office.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views