Any tips on jumpstarting weight loss? Looking for advice please

bonnied
on 8/14/05 12:44 pm - St. Albans, VT
Hi guys! I am 10.5 weeks out from lap RNY, lost 35 pounds in the first 35 days, now total 45 and have been only losing 1 pound per week for the last several weeks. I track my food intake and activity online and consume approx 700 cals per day and exercise 3x per week for the last 2 weeks. My body uses at least 1700 cals per day just to function. I am suprised that I'm not losing more, my body just keeps hanging on to the fat. I am afraid to eat more than 3 times per day, I do not want to get into the "grazing" that will catch up to me in a few years and put the weight back on. I am honestly doing more than I ever have in weight loss efforts! I even account for all the not so great food choices that I have made, like a few twizzlers at the drive in last week! I am down to 219, I'm 5'5" and started at 264. On the bonus side, I feel great, my doc is happy, I'm off 5 medications, diabetes is under control and I can fit into size 18 jeans from the "regular" side of the store, not the plus side! I can even wear size Large scrubs at work, I was in a 2x! Anyone have any tips for increasing my losses? Or is this just something I'll have to live with. I'm not whining, the scale is moving down, just not nearly as fast as I thought it would! Thank you for listening! Bonnie
Just Me
on 8/14/05 2:55 pm - Happy Place, TN
Hi Bonnie, Such a nice name. Jump starting weight loss? I don't know. I had surgery with Dr. Aguirre and his instructions indicate no more than 3 meals a day, no snacking. His meal size is 3-4 oz. I have tried to keep to that. I used to put whatever I was going to eat into a baby food jar, and if it didn't go in the jar, it didn't go in my mouth. Well, I thought I was past that, thinking I could envision what 3 oz was by now. Not exactly, I have noticed my portion sizes ever ebbing upwards. One thing I have learned, and it is so simple. If I plan out my entire day, and have the meals already prepared... I can stick to a plan. That means all the way down to preparing the oatmeal in advance so all i have to do is warm it up in the microwave. It is the plan that gets me. What do I eat? What do I not eat? What is the best thing I can eat for the first 90 days? Wish there was a better set of answers. I log into the http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/postopplanner.phtml and plug in my start weight,height, etc. and am disappointed that I am not moving as fast as that little chart indicates. OH well... as long as I don't gain what I've lost... 5' 4" 228 June 1st 202 July 1st 189/90 August 1st 185 now 122 Goal
Just Me
on 8/14/05 2:56 pm - Happy Place, TN
ps: CONGRATULATIONS!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?