Dr. Joya

MelanieGoocher
on 8/14/05 7:03 am - Garland, TX
Hello, I have been a member for a while, but have not posted too much. I am a self-pay and have been desperately trying to save the money to have surgery. I originally wanted the lap ryn, but I don't know if I can get that much money together. Dr. Joya as all inclusive for 12k and then he has the band for 8k. I have been wanting this for 3 years now and am finally getting close to having the 8k to do it. So I am leaning towards going with the band. Can anyone tell me their experiences with the band? and or Dr. Joya?
bonnied
on 8/14/05 12:25 pm - St. Albans, VT
Although I did not have your doc, I have been on OH for over a year now and have heard several positive things about Dr. Joya. You might want to look through some of the older posts for info! Good luck and congratulations on getting the money together, that's really the hardest part! Good luck! Bonnie
BeeHappe
on 8/16/05 1:12 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Hey just had surgery Tuesday and doing great with Dr. Joya. I would recommend him 100X over. His staff and him are the best. Please email me and I can tell you more. All I can say is that everything is better than I could ever imagine!!!! Email me we can talk!!! Jen
Darice N.
on 8/16/05 7:41 am - Washington, AR
Lap Band on 08/08/05 with
Melanie, I had Lap band surgery with Dr. Joya on Monday, Aug. 8. I highly recommend him and his staff. We didn't have to worry about anything. Natalie, his assistant, picked my husband and me up at the airport and took us to the hospital. I met Dr. Currel, the internal medicine dr. He is super. (He showed me his port.) He talked with me about my history. I went into surgery that afternoon and was back in my room in about 1 1/2 hours. I was up walking later that evening and the next morning Natalie came and pick up another couple and us and took us to the NH Krystal hotel on the beach. The next day she picked us up and took us to the airport. The hospital was immaculate, the staff was fluent in English and very efficient. The hotel was great and most staff spoke English. There was hardly a language problem. I wouldn't hestitate to go see Dr. Joya if I were you. I, too, had considered the RNY, but the money and the length of time for recovery changed my mind. Good luck with whatever decision you make. Darice
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views