It's been a bad week ending with a miracle...

Jennnifer
on 8/11/05 1:03 pm - Southgate, MI
Ok so the last 2 weeks have been the worst 2 weeks of my banded life post-op. Oh the pain, the nausea, and the inability to take in ANY fluids. After 4 days total in the hospital on IV fluids I emailed Nina yesterday and scheduled myself to have this band removed for TODAY at 6:30p.m. in Mexicali. As of last night I had my airline tickets purchased and everything scheduled. At this point I hadn't taken in any fluids in 48 hours and I was just miserable. Nina told me not to eat or drink after 10p.m. Well I decided before I went to bed that I would give it one more go. Low and behold I was able to guzzle about 12oz of water without pain, nausea, a stuck feeling or anything. I felt things flow right. My problems completely disappeared last night. My swelling issue disappeared. I think it was a miracle because I was that close to having it removed because I was suffering. Now I think I can do this, not being so swollen to the point of not being able to take in fluids feels so good. I'm very optimistic today. Let's hope the rest of my journey is problem free! Jennifer
DW
on 8/11/05 1:20 pm - Galveston, TX
Hi Jennifer, Sorry you had such a rough time, hopefully it will get better. Glad you didn't get it taken out. Dot
Lorraine Wentz
on 8/11/05 4:00 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Jennifer! I am so incredibly sorry that all that happened to you! And I'm so happy that everything has worked out. I'm also happy that it workd out before you left. Keep us posted on your fluid intake and keep positive. Be strong. Do you have any idea why this happened? Cheers! Lorarine
chunkable
on 8/12/05 12:11 am - federal way, wa
hi jennifer I had the lap-band before I converted to the gastric bypass and the way you are feeling is very normal. I was the same way after my band was put in. I was sooo sick and throwing up and I couldn't stay off the toilet either. I was absolutely miserable and didn't think I could adjust to it... When they put them on sometimes it makes the opening to your esophogus swell up and it's hard to ge****er or anything down because your body is in shock trying to figure out why it's being restricted. Im glad to hear your doing better. Trust me it gets a little easier with time. I hope your band works for you. I ended up having mine removed because mine slipped and after 2 surgeries and then they cut the tubing on the last surgery so I decided to just convert. This is the drastic case though of me being so unlucky lol. I know you will do great. Try not to overdo anything and try sipping warm fluids like broth and tea if you can... Just take it easy and go slow. You won't be able to chug down water or guzzle for awhile and you want to not do that anyhow just try to sip your water and get your fluids in. Make sure your drinking warm things for awhile they seem to go down easier.. Good luck hon if you have any questions please feel free to email me I will help anyway I can... Cindy 345/249/175
kmsheart
on 8/12/05 1:10 am - kenner, LA
Hi Jenifer I am so sorry that you have been in so much pain. I am glad that you were finally able to get fluids down. I will keep you in my prayers. Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views