Kidney Stones

Just Me
on 8/11/05 4:26 am - Happy Place, TN
Found this information... http://www.urologychannel.com/kidneystones/treatment.shtml http://alternative-medicine-and-health.com/conditions/kidney.htm http://www.wholehealthmd.com/hk/remedies/disp/1,1459,486,00.html Magnesium has been found to be very important in the prevention of stone formation. Eat foods rich in magnesium, such as barley, bran, corn, buckwheat, rye, oats, brown rice, potatoes, and bananas. Because persistent dehydration is linked to the development of kidney stones, drink plenty of water each day. Water dilutes the urine, which helps to prevent salts from crystallizing and forming kidney stones. For individuals with a history of kidney stones, experts recommend drinking as much as three quarts of water per day to help prevent recurrences. To reduce your risk of kidney stones, consume a plant-based diet rich in flaxseed oil as well as a variety of unprocessed whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Because of their tannin phytochemicals, blueberries may help to prevent the development of a particular type of kidney stone known as a struvite stone. Though cranberries are rich in tannins and help to safeguard against urinary tract infections, cranberries are also high in oxalate compounds, which promote the formation of kidney stones. NATURAL PRESCRIPTION FOR KIDNEY STONES * Drink a minimum of eight glasses of liquid a day, * Don't eat large meals late at night. * Keep vitamin C supplementation below 2,000 mg. daily. * Avoid naturally carbonated and mineral waters; their calcium content can be high. * Eat foods that are rich in magnesium such as barley, bran, corn, buckwheat, rye, oats, brown rice, potatoes, and bananas, * Reduce animal protein in the diet and attempt to gain protein from other sources * Cut back on salt, sugar, caffeine, and alcohol. * Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. * Ask your doctor to determine the type of stone formation you suffer from (hypercalciuria, hyperoxaluria, or hyperurlcosuria) by means of a chemical analysis and see text for more details concerning natural remedies for your particular problem. BE SURE TO DISCUSS THESE WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN. IN ADDITION TO YOUR DAILY SUPPLEMENTS, TAKE: * Magnesium: 400 mg. daily, * Vitamin B6: 50 mg. daily. * Potassium: 100 mg. daily. HYPERCALCIURIA occurs when there is too much calcium in the urine but a normal amount in the blood. You may be ingesting too much calcium, either through supplements (for example, Tums or other antacids), or through stomach acid medications, or even your drinking water. But calcium is very important, so you can't restrict it entirely. Reduce your calcium intake to the minimum required amount, which is about 600 to 1,000 mg. daily. HYPEROXALURJA occurs when there is too much oxalate in the urine. Avoid foods high in oxalate, whi*****lude tea, chocolate, spinach, beans, instant coffee, peanuts, parsley, and rhubarb. Take a supplement of vitamin B6, 50 mg. daily. HYPERURICOSURIA occurs when there is too much uric acid in the urine. This condition is associated with too much protein in the diet. In addition to MONITORING your protein and the type of protein you eat, take a supplement of potassium of 100 mg. daily. Also avoid foods high in uric acid such as brains, sweetbreads, beef kidney, sardines, gravy, etc.)
gogeko
on 8/11/05 5:51 am - Palmer, AK
HEY THERE, THANKS FOR SHARING THIS INFO WITH US. I FORGOT ABOUT BEING CONCERNED WITH KIDNEY STONES. I KNOW WITH FAST WIEGHT LOSS WE ARE AT HIGHER RISK OF GETTING THEM. THIS INFO CAN BE VERY HELPFUL I HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING ENOUGH PROTIEN AND WATER IN EACH DAY. I WORK NEARLY 10 HOURS A DAY. AND I FIND MYSELF FORGETTING TO DRINK WATER. SEVERAL HOURS WILL GO BY WHEN I FINALLY WILL TAKE A QUICK DRINK. I KNOW THIS IS AWFUL, I MIGHT GET 24 OUNCE A DAY. I NEED TO WORK ON THIS. AND PROTIEN... I THINK I MIGHT BE GETTING ABOUT 50 GRAMS A DAY. AND LATELEY I HAVE NOTICED MY HAIR IS FALLING OUT. IT IS HARD FOR ME TO HAVE A REGULAR SCHEDULE FOR EATING AND SO FORTH WITH MY CAOTIC WORK SCHEDULE. BUT I NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR INCREASING WATER AND PROTIEN. I TRY TO EAT MIXTURE OF NUTS AND CHEESES AND TUNA FISH. MAINLY BECAUSE THEY ARE QUICK AND EASY TO PACK FOR LUNCH. I STILL HAVE A HARD TIME EATING MEAT LIKE CHICKEN, BEEF AND BAKED FISH. SMALL AMOUNTS FILL ME UP SO QUICKLY. SOMETIMES I HAVE TO THROW THEM UP. I STILL EAT CANNED SOUPS, LOW CARB YOGURT SMOOTHIES. SOME FRESH FRUITS LIKE NECTERINES, STRAWBERRIES AND BANANAS. I HAVE A PROTIEN DRINK EVERY MORNING. THE ONLY ONES I LIKE ARE NECTAR IN FUZZY NAVAL AND LEMON TEA FLAVORS. THIS WEEK I WAS MORE STRESSESD AT WORK BECAUSE I WAS IN CHARGE WHILE MANAGER WAS ON VACCATION. AND YOU KNOW THAT WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE WILL PLAY. SOME OF THE CREW GAVE ME MORE GRIEF THAN THEY WOULD IF MANAGER WAS HERE. SO I HAD A HARDER TIME WITH FOCUSING ON MY NEEDS AND NEGLECTED MYSELF. I DROPPED 3 POUNDS THIS WEEK. MY MUSCLES HAVE BECOME VERY CRAMPY IN MY LEGS. AND I HAVE FELT WEAKER. EVEN AT TIMES I FELT MY HEAD WAS IN A FOG. SO I KNOW I NEED TO REFOCUS ON MYSELF. IM SORRY TO USE YOUR THREAD TO SPILL THIS ALL OUT. BUT YOU ARE A PERSON WITH MUCH KNOWLEDGE AND I REALLY VALUE YOUR OPINIONS AND THAUGHTS. AND THE WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE YOU SHARE WITH US .THANKS SO MUCH. CINDY, YOUR ENSENADA NEIGHBOR
Just Me
on 8/12/05 2:16 pm - Happy Place, TN
Cindy, so great to hear from you... While sitting here on the obesityhelp.com boards I am eating a carrot. I should eat protein, but the carrot is working for now.. crunchy. You were so nice to me in Ensenada. I'll always remember you. Hope you and yours (friends, family) are doing well. Email me when you can, as it would be nice to stay in touch. Toss in your U.S. postal address if you feel okay to do so... I'll put you on my Christmas Card list.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views