HUGE favor PLEASE!

Jenny C.
on 8/9/05 1:03 pm - Ridgecrest, CA
I need women 40 years and older to let me know who are that had surgery in Mexico. I am trying to convince my mom that it is ok to go to Mexico for the surgery so her and I can go there and have the surgery together. Thank You
drhedg01
on 8/9/05 2:38 pm - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
I'm trying to convince my mom of the same thing. Great minds think alike!
Jenny C.
on 8/9/05 2:44 pm - Ridgecrest, CA
MY mom is 54 years old and always been heavy. She has her own business now(well for almost 10 years now) and it is really hard for her to get away because she only has part time employees and is afraid to give them to much work because they are a little slow at learning, and it is her everything. I think if maybe I bug and bug I can get her to do it but I don't think she is really in the mind set for it. If you don't mind me asking what is your situation? You don't have anything on your profile. Jennifer
robin T.
on 8/10/05 1:56 am - mason, TN
I AM GOING FRIDAY I WILL LET YOU KNOW
robin T.
on 8/10/05 1:59 am - mason, TN
OH I FORGOT TO TELL YOU I AM 48 PRAY FOR ME I HAVE FELT THE SAME WAY.
Jenny C.
on 8/10/05 2:48 am - Ridgecrest, CA
Robin, Who is your surgeon? Keep us posted.
GW
on 8/10/05 4:28 am - Weatherford, TX
Jennifer, My name is Genie and I had surgery in Mexico just 5 months ago. Next month I will be 46. I feel absolutely wonderful! Better than I have in 20 years! This was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I have had no complications and I am now off of my 12 medications, including high blood pressure, high cholestrol and diabetes! My last blood work revealed I am in normal ranges on everything! Do I have regrets about going to Mexico and using Dr. A? NONE AT ALL! Do I have any regrets about the wls itself? Yes! And that is that I didn't have it done 20 years sooner so that I could have quality time with my children. But, I can't look back. At least I will have that time with my grandchildren. If you want to ask me anything, please do. I will be happy to help in any way I can! Genie P.S. Obesityhelp has added a forum for those who have had it in their 40's. Check it out under communities.
Jenny C.
on 8/10/05 6:44 am - Ridgecrest, CA
Genie, Thank you for the response if you don't mind I would like my mom to read your profile. I am definitely getting alot of great information from all of you guys, y'all have been so helpful. Believe me when I come up with new questions and thoughts I will be posting again. I was on the Cali board and felt too isolated and helpless there. Even if I do get approved by insurance I will stay here on the "South of the Border" forum for support for myself and my mom. Jennifer
GW
on 8/10/05 6:58 am - Weatherford, TX
Jennifer, I wouldn't mind her reading my profile at all! Reading all the profiles is what help me finally make my decision. Speaking of profiles though, oops! I guess I better go update it! LOL I didn't do my 5 month update! Gotta run do that! Genie
Jenny C.
on 8/10/05 7:02 am - Ridgecrest, CA
Please do update your profile, like yourself I have used them for a wealth of information. Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views