Prescriptions from Mexican Doctors???

Amazon
on 8/8/05 1:01 pm - Liberal, KS
Good evening! I will be banded in Mexico on August 20th and I thought that I had asked every single question BUT, I just thought of something! I feel like such a goof ball!!! Because it is such a basic question. Question: Will a US pharmacy fill my pain or other prescriptions written by a Mexican Dr. or will I need to get them filled in Mexico before I fly back to the States? Also, what if I call my surgeon and he precribes something later for a problem that I have after I get home? Will my pharmacy have a problem with that??? I feel like such a dingle. Charla
bonnied
on 8/8/05 1:19 pm - St. Albans, VT
I bet you will not need pain meds after you leave the hospital. US pharmacies will not fill a mexican prescription here in the US. If your Mexican doc recommends something, you will need to bring it to your US PCP and have them rewrite it. My doc in Mexico gave me enough samples of the meds I needed before I left Mexico. I am glad I brought liquid childrens tylenol though for the headache I got while there. It was all I needed after I was discharged (that and liquid benadryl because I take tylenol PM to help me sleep). Good luck! Bonnie
pattycake
on 8/10/05 4:02 am - macon, GA
i agree. i didn't tke any pain meds once left the hospital. i never neded it. i slept a lot though.
drhedg01
on 8/8/05 2:16 pm - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
Is it true that you can get pain meds, Valium, and antibiotics over the counter down there? I can't believe people don't load up down there!
wendyjca
on 8/8/05 3:07 pm - Escondido, CA
Yes, you can get many prescriptions, but I believe there are some restrictions on how many for some of the meds. You should also be prepared to show a doctor'ws note in case they ask when you cross the border. wendy
cev526
on 8/13/05 4:47 pm - N. Las Vegas, NV
I have a relative who lives in Calif and she said recently that Gov Arnold S. has put a restriction on people bringing in meds from over the border. She said that you are checked as you leave MX and they will confiscate any and all medications that you have bought from there...
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views