out of lurking

kmsheart
on 8/8/05 9:39 am - kenner, LA
Hi everyone... I have finally stepped out of the lurking position and into the posting ..... I really have not figured out the whole posting pics and stuff but I will read more and work on it ... what I really wanted to do was introduce myself I am Kim and live just outside of New Orleans. I have wanted to have surgery since I first heard it was available. I am one of the unlucky ones that have been turned down 2 times after countless phone calls and letters I am going self pay South of the Border .... My family is what can I say scared .... all I can say is I need help and the insurance companies aren't willing ... the doctors here are willing for 30k .... It will be a struggle to head south but the girl is on a mission .... Lorraine glad to see you are back to posting and your surgery went well ..... my thoughts are with you ..... hope to hear from you all soon .... Kim
bonnied
on 8/8/05 11:49 am - St. Albans, VT
Welcome Kim! I know exactly what you mean (read my profile) surgery here is $40000! I went south of the border 6/3/05 and have not regretted it. Do not let others convince you otherwise. You will not be having surgery in an alley behind a tortilla factory! The hospital I went to was superior to my local hospital here in Vermont. Even my negative, skeptical husband had to shut his mouth when we got there! Now I only listen to people who have actually been there and know hot it truly is! I wish you the best of luck and congratulate you on taking this step to taking care of yourself! Bonnie
WindyLady L.
on 8/8/05 12:21 pm - Grants Pass, OR
Hi Kimi, congrats it takes a lot for us gals to do for our selfs. My surgery is in Mexico with Dr Aguirre on the 12th. I have no reservations what so ever about it. I have personally met someone that has had the surgery done there with Dr Aguirre not to mention all the wonderful comments on this site about him. He is wonderful to talk with and explains and answers any questions you may have. He is even going to let my husband watch the surgery. Do your home work believe and trust in your ability to make the right choice turn it over to God and remember, We are all here for you! to offer what ever you need if its support or questions or just want to unload a bit. We've all been there in someway or another. Good luck to you and welcome to the one time that being called a loser is something you will always be greatful for. God bless you and yours Mariah
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views