Dr. Aceves is the best!!!

cshriver
on 8/8/05 2:03 am - Casper, WY
I had my lap band surgery in Mexacali Mexico with Dr. Aceves and it was the best hospital experience I have ever had! Dr. Aceves and his staff were very knowledgeable about the lap band. I think I talked with at least 4 Doctors. They actually spent quite a bit of time with me prior to and following the surgery. I was so impressed. Now post surgery I am on the liquid diet portion of the diet and it is a litte difficult. At times my head says it is hungry but the body is not. I have been very strict on the liquids and have only had one small communion wafer at churh hehehe. I am so glad to be on the losing side. CArla
drhedg01
on 8/8/05 2:13 am - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
Congratulations Carla! That is so awesome!!!! Can I ask what made you decide to go with the lap band as opposed to lap gastric bypass? Lol about the communion wafer.
Flor_Bellas
on 8/8/05 4:39 am - Miami, FL
Carla, way to go girl! I too had mine done with Dr. Aceve...aren't they the best? I'm also on the liquid phase since I had mine done on July 28th...this Friday I get to graduate to full liquids. Puddings and Carnation Instant Breakfast never looked so good in my life!!! My body craves and hungers for regular food especially when it's eaten in front of me with such relish. Sigh, however, a few sips of whatever liquid and I'm full, not satisfied, but full. It's all a process (banging my head to get it to stop thinking of food) . Maria
cshriver
on 8/8/05 5:01 am - Casper, WY
Maria I am totally with you on the Carnation Instant Breakfast and pudding. I still have 10 days on the clears. And I am determined to be faithful to the diet. I can drink and be full. Dr. Aceves gave me a slight fill to hold the band in place. I don't know how that will effect puddings at times it kind of hurts to eat jello. Godd Luck with the band. Keep in touch. Carla
robin T.
on 8/10/05 2:13 am - mason, TN
WHAT IS THE NAME OF HIS OFFICE
cshriver
on 8/10/05 12:38 pm - Casper, WY
I don't know the name of his office but it is in Mexacali and his web site is www.bandafterwls.com. His office contact is Nina. You can get info on his web site. Good Luck CArla
cshriver
on 8/8/05 4:55 am - Casper, WY
Donna I went with the lap band because it is less evasive surgery and it does not modify the stomach and the intestine. I also have done a lot of research about the lap band and even though the weight loss is slower it seems to be as effective in the long run. Dr. Aceves really stressed that the band is a tool to help with weight loss it is not a magical cure. I had my on the 3rd of August and am on the liquid phase. It is hard because of head hunger and it doesn't help that I am in San Diego with my nephew and his wife and my mom and they "love food". So every meal time is a feast. So far so good though. I am so glad I have my band. I can drink liquid and feel full. Wow! Carla Good Luck! with your decision.
Jennnifer
on 8/8/05 5:52 am - Southgate, MI
I had it done with Dr. Aceves as well, and I agree that he's the best. I had mine done the day after Maria, so like her i'm still on the liquid phase, and can't wait for Saturday to come so I can graduate to thicker yummier stuff!!!!! My brain wants real food. Congratulations! Jennifer
vickig
on 8/8/05 6:46 am - CRAWFORD, GA
not many board members have had laproscopic rny with him. i would like to hear more stories about this type of sx.he seems really nice trying to work around holidays for me, wouldn't find that in the states!
bonnied
on 8/8/05 11:56 am - St. Albans, VT
Good for you Carla! Another WLS success in the making! Best of luck! Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?