News Report about Mexico

WindyLady L.
on 8/7/05 10:03 am - Grants Pass, OR
Hi All, I jus****ched the news report posted by channel 15 that someone placed on a post. I have to say it really galls me that they would go out of their way to look for the worse place in Mexico and discuss only one Customer that did not do well. It doesn't matter where you go or who you go to, any time you go into surgery you are putting your life in the Lords hands. Its his ultimate decision as to when he wants to bring us home. I noticed that the New's didn't report the Dr here in Oregon That had so many mishaps while performing these surgerys. Sorry I'm rambling but, I guess to put it simply if you have done your home work then you will know you have made the correct choice for yourself. So trust in that and the Lord and you shall have no reason to fear. Don't let the media change your mind and play into the fact that some of the doctors here that would rather have the money stay in the US or some clients that perhaps didn't have things go just like they wanted them to go. Are now trying to scare the heck out of others. One of my doctors was perfectly content with me having the surgery as long as I was having it here, but when he found out that I couldn't afford it here and the insurance wouldn't pay all of a sudden being 100lbs over weight was not what he considered obease. I laughed. Well I'll not rant on any longer and instead wish all of you on here who have decided to become a loser all the love, support and strength you will need to see you through this process. God Bless each and everyone of you Mariah surgery date in Mexico in 5 days and counting
honestkate
on 8/7/05 11:39 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Windy Lady, I'm scheduled to get my surgery in Mexico 8/25. I am very excited. Sorry if the news piece offended you. I only caught the tail end of the piece on my t.v Thursday night. I finally found the link to the whole piece this weekend but I don't have sound on my home computer so I won't be able to hear the whole piece until I get to work Monday. I thought it was ironic that I would be in such a heated debate with my family about going to Mexico and paying myself and then voila..here is a piece on Lapband in Mexico. I thought others might want to see it. I KNOW American doctors discourage us going to Mexico because it is taking so much money out of their pocket. In Arizona, I can't find anyone who will do fills. To me, that is downright hateful. If I ever have complications and have to go to the ER, I'm going to tell them I got it done in Australia when I lived there with my military husband (never been to Australia, not married), but at least they won't kick me out like I'm trash. In fact, I'm going to try that tactic with the bariatric surgeons here in AZ when I need a fill. It will be interesting if they will do a fill then.
WindyLady L.
on 8/7/05 1:22 pm - Grants Pass, OR
Hi Catherine, My comments were not meant for you, they were about the news and the way they go about telling a story. Why not tell the good part of it. Why not tell all about how american's can go to Mexico and receive the same surgery they perform here for more than a third off. Why not tell about the many people that have had it done and are doing fine. The ones that tell about how they were treated better in the hosital in Mexico then they were ever treated here. And to add to the point why don't they talk about all the Doctors here that actually took their training in Mexico because it was cheaper. I know one personally who did just that. I just hate when they are so so so. oh you know what I mean. I am have the Rny in Ensanada this Friday and as with any surgery I'm a little scared but ya gotta know when I had my open heart in the states. Two of my nurses not once but twice over medicated me to the point I couldn't walk or talk. So for the news to put down Mexico and what they are doing for hundreds of us who can't afford $36000.00 to help with a problem that could kill us in short span I say shame on them get both sides of the story and put them together so people can make a fair choice. I wish you all the luck with your surgery and pray that the Lord guides your surgens hands and you make a quick recovery. God Bless Mariah
GW
on 8/8/05 12:40 am - Weatherford, TX
Mariah, Well said! I had my surgery in Mexico 5 months ago and I am doing great! I have had zero complications and have lost 68 pounds. I used Dr. Agurire. I will be praying for you and know that you will be fine! Genie
H. MC
on 8/12/05 1:33 am - Arlington, VA
Hi Catherine I notice I kepted getting the cold shoulder when I mentioned mexico to the doctors office here in Northern VA. I plan to have my surgery done in Mexico and wanted to find a local doc for my fills. What I started doing was well lying. I said I am going to have my surgery done in the area I live in now but will be moving to VA shortly after that I was wondering what you charge to do fills. I got a better response that way. Congrats on your surgery date. H
Blaq P.
on 8/8/05 1:48 am - fort myers, FL
Can someone post a link to the story? I would love to read it. I just got back from Mexico about a week ago and everything went so smoothly. Doc and hospital were great and so was the hotel.
WindyLady L.
on 8/8/05 9:34 am - Grants Pass, OR
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views