Dr. Alejandro Aguirre Reunion

Just Me
on 8/6/05 7:34 am - Happy Place, TN
Hey all, While I'm thinking about and waiting to hear about how our friends are doing in Ensenada... anybody know about/of a reunion of Dr. Aguirre's patients? Saw something about in Kat's journey for a few years previous, also heard something about it in June, but can't get word.... Emails were far behind during summer so I didn't want to bug Rosella about it... (She needed a much deserved vacation)... Just curious. Open RNY 6/1/05
lilsneaker
on 8/7/05 2:24 am - Austin, TX
Yes, the reunion is still on!! With my dad in the hospital, and all the computer problems I've been having, I've not been quite on top of everything. The reunion is being held at the Sheraton Gunter Hotel in San Antonio Sept.31 thru Oct. 2nd. We sent out a letter, and some people may not have received it. Does anyone out there have a copy of the letter? I've pretty much lost everything. I'm working on getting the website up and running. I'm almost there. If anyone has any ideas they'd like to contribute, let me know. We also need to start getting a headcount of who's going to be attending. I could also use a volunteer or 2. As you can tell, my brain's a little fried right now, but we'll get this all pulled together. BTW, anyone who has sent me an email since January, I do not have it. I lost everything including email addresses. Please resend it or send me another one. My memory is pretty good, but not that good. I look forward to hearing from everybody. Vicky P.
GW
on 8/7/05 6:52 am - Weatherford, TX
Here's the copy of the letter! Genie Everyone is invited to the 2005 The Thinner Side of Life Reunion being held in San Antonio. If you've had surgery, are planning to have surgery, or just want to meet with people who have had their surgery south of the border, then please join us. Last year was a tribute to Dr. Aguirre, and this year is all about us. By going out of the US, we have had special and unique cir****tances to deal with. Whether you've had a gastric bypass, lapband or ds, we've all had to face some of the same issues and discriminations. We are a very friendly group, and this is a chance to get together with others who have faced the same issues. We hope to have the website up and running soon. The dates are Sept. 30 - Oct. 2 at the Sheraton Gunter Hotel. The Sheraton Gunter is located within a block of the San Antonio Riverwalk, and from what I understand, is about a 5-10 minute walk to the Alamo. The website is http://www.gunterhotel.com/. Reservations can be made by calling 888-999-2089 or the hotel directly at 210-227-3241. You must mention that you are with The Thinner Side Of Life group in order to get the rate. We were able to get a rate of $99 per night which is actually quite good since San Antonio is really crowded at that time. The rate is good for 3 days prior and 3 days after the event. If you have any problems, please give me a call. There will be some special activities planned.. We'll have a late breakfast on Saturday. Becky and Charlotte are planning some events to be held in the meeting room. They haven't let me in on their secrets yet, but knowing them, it will be interesting and fun. Activities will be planned for Friday and Saturday evening, and a breakfast on Sunday. We hope to plan some family and non-family oriented events, so that everyone has a choice. San Antonio is a city full of history and beauty. We've got the Alamo, the famous San Antonio Riverwalk, El Mercado, and others. Here's a link to some of them: http://sanantoniovisit.com/visitors/things_attra.asp. Volunteers are always welcomed and needed. If you would like to volunteer, please let me know. Also, if you have an interesting idea, pass it on. People have expressed an interest in both Fiesta Texas and Seaworld. We can get Fiesta Texas group rate tickets for $21.99 + tax (regular price is $45.24) for groups of 15 or more. Seaworld group rate is $39.59 + tax for ages 10 & up, and $30.59 + tax for ages 3-9. We can also have a group meal while there if everyone is interested. Tickets must be purchased at least 2 weeks in advance. There will be a registration fee per person this year. The registration fee schedule is: $15 if paid prior to June 25 $20 if paid prior to Sept. 1 $25 if paid Sept. 1 or later Children 12 and under will be ½ price if attending the activities Children under 3 or sharing their parents meals will be free We will also have sponsorships again this year. Individual registration fees can be applied toward the sponsorships. Becky is our sponsorship coordinator again this year since she did so well last year. Here is the schedule: Platinum Level - $200 (1 available) Gold Level - $100 (4 available) Silver Level - $50 ( 8 available) Bronze Level - $25 (16 available) All payments can be sent through Paypal to [email protected].. The account can accept credit or debit cards. Please include a note letting us know how many you are registering for, and whether or not you want a sponsorship or t-shirt. The mailing address is: Vicky Poursepanj The Thinner Side Of Life PO Box 12754 Austin, TX 78711-2754 The silent auction last year was such a success last year that we'll be holding it again. We had some really neat items and raised quite a bit of money last year. There are still some t-shirts available for sell. If we get enough interest, we might see about printing off some more. I realize that finances can be an issue. Please contact me if this is a problem. We will try to work something out. I don't want someone to not attend without trying to look at alternatives first. Last year was such a success that I don't see how we can surpass it, but my hope is that this year will be just as much of a success. Vicky Poursepanj The Thinner Side Of Life 2005 Reunion Chairperson [email protected] 512-689-8957
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views