Help!

Jennnifer
on 8/1/05 10:57 pm - Southgate, MI
I took 2 bites of Jell-O this morning, mushed it and melted it in my mouth and it felt like it wouldn't go down... it kinda stayed in there,and I would (not to be gross) burp up Jell-O. What's going on?? I need to eat something!!
Amanda
on 8/2/05 12:55 am - Kearney, NE
I had a the RNY, but when I was early out like you, sugar free stuff such as jello and crystal light did the same thing to me. It was as if it wouldn't even fit in there for some reason. I would drink water, protein shakes, broth, and even cottage cheese and that would stay down just fine. Someone told me it was the sugar substitute that was upsetting my stomach. I tried it again in about a week and have been fine with it ever since. I hope this helps! Good luck to you. I know those first few weeks are scary but you will get through it and be soooo much happier as time goes on!!!!!! A
SandiBeach
on 8/2/05 1:19 pm - Northwest USA
Hi~! Sometimes your pouch will produce a foamy type stuff, it will fill your pouch and then when you eat, it will be as if you are full. our food can come right back up and its not throwing up. I know that if it continues they will do a scope and see if your stoma needs to be dialated. Sometimes it can just be swollen and then it will be better. Sometimes it will not get better w/o a dialation. If you cant get your water in go to the hospital. I wish you a good journey...
chunkable
on 8/3/05 12:22 am - federal way, wa
are you able to have mashed potatoes yet.. I watered mine down a little with some chicken broth and had that a lot... sometimes jello is not so easy to chew up... Which surgery did you have?? Cindy I have had the lap-band and now the gastric bypass so im just wondering..
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views