Down 75 pounds--3/4 of the way done!

sue_f
on 8/1/05 4:15 pm - Portland, OR
Hi everyone, I am happy to announce that I am down 75 pounds and have lost 75% of my goal! Hooray! Things have certainly slowed down (not that my weight loss was ever fast ) but I am still losing about a pound a week. My daughter is getting married next week and I am so happy that I will look nice for the wedding. It has been very hot here this summer and it is nice to not be sweating like a pig all day. Also, I went in for a check-up with my doctor, and my blood pressure has gone way down. I was border-line high before my surgery, but this last time I was only 100/64. That's about what it was when I was a svelte teenager! My doctor is amazed at how good I look, and is quite pleased with my progress. She wants to see me every three months just to get a look at me. To anyone who is on the fence thinking about RNY, let me tell you it is the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Sue F.
DW
on 8/1/05 10:39 pm - Galveston, TX
Congratulations Sue, I know exactly how you feel.......Post some of the wedding pictures. Dot
cathy.fowler
on 8/2/05 12:42 am - Mesquite, TX
Yeah Sue, you're doing great!!!! Cathy Fowler
psgraham29
on 8/2/05 10:45 am - Seattle, WA
Congratulations Sue! Way to go. -Pam
Cheri Moran
on 8/2/05 1:14 pm - Big Spring, TX
Hi Sue! Way to go! You are doing great! I know what you mean about happy to look good for special events. We found out 3 weeks ago that we are going to be first time grandparents. Our daughter-in-law is thin and I always felt even bigger around her. It will be a lot more fun to have pictures holding the baby in my size 8 clothes. Keep up the good work, I'm so proud of you. Cheri BW 259; GW 144; CW 132
bonnied
on 8/3/05 6:21 am - St. Albans, VT
Congratulations Sue! am so happy for you. Thanks for the inspiration! I read your profile and really enjoyed it. You and I started at a very similar size and I have beenlosing slowly too. I'm glad that I can look at people like you for inspiration and support. Bonnie
sue_f
on 8/4/05 8:24 am - Portland, OR
Thanks everyone for your good wishes. You all are the BEST! I will see if I can get someone to post pictures to my profile when I return. Sue F.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views