I'm home... finally!

Jennnifer
on 8/1/05 7:36 am - Southgate, MI
Well i'm home after a long flight (nearly 5 hours), and I hate flying with a passion!! It feels so good to be home. Here comes my newest challenge though, being around food. I haven't had food around me for the past 4 days. I'm down 11.5lbs since Friday, which is great, but i'm sure most of it is water weight... and the fact that I haven't had a real meal since Thursday probably contributes some. Now that I am home, I feel sort of lost. I know what i'm supposed to eat, but i'm continually asking myself questions. I guess my main question is, where is my nutrition supposed to be coming from. Broth & Jello don't quite cut it nutritionally. I am taking my flintstones vitamins as well. I don't want to die of malnourishment! To be frank, i'm scared. I have researched both methods of weight loss surgery for 5 years now, yet I still have post-op questions. Thanks again everyone for your support! Jennifer
bonnied
on 8/1/05 8:07 am - St. Albans, VT
Congratulations! You are now going to be a loser! You will not die of malnourishment, that takes years and years of starvation! From what I've heard and seen from most post-ops (band or RNY) the first few weeks you will not get in all your nutritional requirements, but long term you will. Use these first few weeks to get used to your new tummy and find what foods work best for you. Make sure you take in enough fluids and you'll be just fine! Good luck! Bonnie
honestkate
on 8/3/05 1:52 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Try "Source of Life" liquid vitamins (yummy...the best) and a good whey protein powder diluted well in water. At least you'll have all your amino acids to help rebuild tissue and help you heal.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 626 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1211 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1837 views