Question?

richardwidman
on 7/27/05 6:22 am - Las Vegas, NV
My surgery was on April 28th, recently I have been buying Lean Gourmet frozen meals. They average between 9 - 12 oz a piece. On the ones that have chunks of meat, I can eat a little over half. On the ones that are primarily pasta, I can usually eat the whole thing. Is this alot? Enquiring minds wanna know.
bonnied
on 7/27/05 6:27 am - St. Albans, VT
Wow! I cannot imagine eating so much! I had surgery 6/3 and can only get in 3 very small bites in about 35 minutes. I can get in a lot more if I chew really, really well and sip water between bites, but that is not recommended. My docs here at home all say drinking with meals is a no no! I have a friend who is 3 years out and cannot eat that much in one sitting. Are you still losing? Sounds like you are at least making healthy food choices! I probably wouldn't worry unless you stop losing or begin to gain. Good luck Bonnie
richardwidman
on 7/27/05 7:00 am - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for the reply Bonnie, yes I am making healthy choices. I am not here to judge anyone. What I do know is that I really had a hard time after surgery, and I am absolutely not willing to go back to being the same person I was before. There are NO fattening foods in my house, I will NOT eat food that is handed to me out of a window into my car. I don't care if they have fruit and walnut salad on the menu or not. lol It seems with my solid proteins my serving size is around 6oz. But give me some spinach with Rice wine vinegar, or salad, or even fresh fruit and I can eat 10oz+. My only real indulgence is Mandarin oranges. Oh my goodness, I just love them.
tamara_b73
on 7/27/05 9:55 am - wisconsin dells, wi
I personally feel like the amounts you are talking about are quite reasonable for the amount of time you are out. We should be able to eat a 3 oz piece of meat and a couple of ounces of vegies per meal. I personally would try to stick with the meals with meat to up my protein rather than the pasta ones especially since they don't seem to fill you up as much. Lean meats will stick with you longer and give you a feeling of fullness much earlier. You are doing great!! Keep up the good work! Tamara 321/230/?
chunkable
on 7/28/05 2:26 am - federal way, wa
I can eat that much Richard. I wouldn't worry unless you start gaining or having other problems... It's bound to stretch a little after surgery but I wouldn't worry too much about it.. Cindy
SandiBeach
on 7/27/05 9:45 am - Northwest USA
Richard, Yes, I could eat that much at the time frame you are at. I think this is VERY normal. No worries, I bet you are at goal in no time!!!!
Dinka Doo
on 7/27/05 10:39 am - Medford, OR
I had the same experience that far out. I always bought the Weigh****chers dinners that had the turkey and veggies. I actually think I could eat more than you at the same amount of time out. Anyway, the protein will stay with you longer and the pasta and loose veggies will go right through you quicker. I took 2 months off work for my surgery and when I went back I would eat maybe 2/3rds of the WW dinners without a problem. As time goes on, I can eat more now still. Pasta - forget it. It's a bottomless pit thing when I eat that. I can eat a ton, and then 30 minutes later want more. I have to go sparingly with that!!! Dina
rhionan
on 7/29/05 12:59 am - Lincoln, NE
Hey Richard!!!! My long lost Ensenada buddy that I didn't get to meet! Sounds like you are going great!! I am so sorry you had so many problems after surgery, but I am very glad that you came through it all well and are doing wonderful now. I am a week longer out from surgery than you are, and I can still only eat about 4 or 5 ounces of food at a meal....and pasta just doesn't work for me. I experience dumping really bad. I'm not vomiting but I just feel really nasty and my heart starts to race if I have too many carbs. So I have to be careful. But it sounds like you are doing great so I would say you are good to go!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!! PS...I will be in Vegas August 22-26...maybe we could meet since we didn't get to in Ensenada??!! Love and hope to you! Tera
richardwidman
on 7/29/05 2:35 am - Las Vegas, NV
That would be great Tera, if you e-mail me at [email protected], I will shoot back my phone# so you could call me before you get here, and I will see if I can get you a comp somewhere. Always, Richard
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views