Update, and a couple of questions.

richardwidman
on 7/25/05 7:13 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hey there all my South of the Border Compadres. My surgery was on April 28th and I weighed 491lbs. I weighed today and I was at 381. I feel better than I've felt in over 10 years. Even with the complications. I spent 5 weeks in the hospital with a massive hernia, and a very stubborn MRSA infection. Here's the question. Has anyone had or considered plastic surgery? I still have a long ways to go, but if this is going to be an important part of my weight loss, I need to start planning now. I wonder if plastic surgery is the easy way out, and maybe I should find my salvation in the gym. Whaddya think? Richard
SandiBeach
on 7/25/05 1:12 pm - Northwest USA
What a great weightloss you have had so far! Your outlook on your situation is perfect. The gym can only do so much. Plastic surgery is almost always needed for people who lose a lot of weight. You can tone-up but extra skin just won't go away... I wish you continuning sucesses, and may God bless your journey!
cev526
on 7/26/05 6:52 am - N. Las Vegas, NV
I watched a television special and searched on the internet about plastic surgery in Costa Rica. They have all inclusive "packages" which of course are priced way below what is paid in the U.S. There are risks just as there are risks associated with going to Mexico but I would do it myself. You have been through a lot already so you would really be taking a chance and would need to weigh the pros and cons out thoroughly. I don't think that the gym will get rid of all of the excess skin that you will have but exercise is always a plus just for general health.
bonnied
on 7/27/05 6:37 am - St. Albans, VT
You are going to need ps. You cannot exercise away skin that has been all stretched out by obesity. I already know I need a tummy tuck and that's after only losing 40 pounds! I started at 5 foot 5 inches and 264 pounds. My tummy had already dropped and now I've got a lovely rash under the fold, so TT here I come. I'll be going back to Mexico for it, and a breast job too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views