ER scare....

DONNA RELLA
on 7/24/05 5:31 am - Uvalde, TX
Well, yesterday sat. i woke up with my palms itching and feeling bruised. i rubbed them and went on. After about an hour, i looked down and they were swelling and i had bumps all over my arms. I thought it was bites or something, so i kind of ignored it a little. My hands became VERY swollen and the little bumps became like huge circular bumps that connected together now. I got worried. I took some benedryl and went to bed. I felt very weak. I layed there all day suffering because i just figured that if i went to the ER they would say it was from going to mexico. Finally about 1 am on sun morn. i went and they immedietely started an i.v. and put powerful benedryl and steroids in it. By the time, the nurse finished injecting it into the i.v. i felt the swelling go down and the bumps were as well. I stayed there for 4 hours and when i left, i was almost back to normal. Dr. said it could have been a reaction to the i.v. in mexico, but most likely was a reaction to the teaspoon of pear that i ate the night before. i have never been allergic to any food, so it was scary.
psgraham29
on 7/24/05 6:50 am - Seattle, WA
That is scary. Glad you are okay now. -Pam
Boomma
on 7/24/05 7:25 am - Osceola, WI
Wow....glad to went to the ER and are OK! I would have been scared to death! I am glad the doctor did not try to just blame it on Mexico. Bet you stay away from pears for awhile!
Jennnifer
on 7/24/05 1:17 pm - Southgate, MI
I'm so glad to hear you are OK!! I'm sure it must have been scary, I can only imagine. Good luck on the rest of your recovery! Jennifer
GW
on 7/24/05 1:55 pm - Weatherford, TX
Donna, So glad that you are okay! Wow! That would have freaked me out! But wouldn't it have happened sooner if it was from the IV in Mexico? Seems like it would have to me. Sounds to me like the pear is the nasty culprit here! Either way, glad all is well now! Take care and stay away from pears! Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views