Really high BMI?

kix
on 7/23/05 4:10 am - CO
Does anyone know if Dr. Aguirre will operate on patients with a really high BMI? Mine is 85. My HMO refused to do surgery due to my high BMI (they won't operate on anyone with a BMI over 60). Thanks! Kix
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/23/05 9:43 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Kix, My BMI is 61.2 and he didn't have a problem with it. As for 85, I think the only thing to do is ask! Here's his e-mail address: [email protected] His daughter will get back to quick. Good Luck! Cheers! Lorraine
Dinka Doo
on 7/23/05 11:21 pm - Medford, OR
Kix - I can't say for sure, but I do know when I was down there he operated on a man who was quite large. I don't know what his bmi was, but it had to be up there. I *think* Dr. Aguirre feels pretty confident doing surgery on those with such a high bmi, but it might also depend on other health factors that might cause a problem. Good luck and let us know what you find out!!! Dina
Dinka Doo
on 7/23/05 11:28 pm - Medford, OR
Come to think of it, I know Dawn was in the 70's and as far as I know he didn't blink an eye at taking her. Here is her profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=.......967121898 Dina
Ferchie
on 7/26/05 12:09 pm - Twin Falls, ID
My BMI is 91 and Dr Aguirre is going to be doing my surgery, so I doubt that you will have a problem at all.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views