9 pounds from Century mark 6 month update

chunkable
on 7/22/05 12:28 am - federal way, wa
I'm so excited to report I have lost 91 pounds so far and am only 8 pounds away from being a member of the century club. My 6 month anniversary is this month on the 26th and Im hoping to lose another few pounds by then but if not Im still happy with losing 91 pounds in 6 months. I never thought it would work for me. I have been so skeptical thinking I would be the one this wouldn't work for since so many things had failed for me including my lap-band but am happy to say that Dr Aguirre really pushed me by telling me that I really needed to stay on track and make this work. This was my last hope and Im happy to report that so far it's working... I really miss Tracy, GerrAnn and Molly. We spent so much time with Tracy and his mom that I feel like were long lost friends... Im so happy with all the wonderful people I have met on this board and even for the few that I met that didn't turn out to be as nice in person as I thought they would be.. I am so grateful for this surgery. When I get to my goal of around 175-180 Mike and I are going to plan on having a baby... We are remodeling our house we just bought and my life has been such a whirlwind these last 6 months. I have changed everything in my life. I got a new job, better pay, bought a house, lost a lot of weight and am even more in love with my husband than I ever was. He's the greatest guy in the world and when I feel frustrated he's always there to pick me back up and make me remember how far I have come. I hope life keeps going as good as it has. I only wish I could be there for the reunion in September but I don't think that will happen I would really like to see my friends again... Love you guys all of you... Cindy -91 pounds
vickig
on 7/22/05 1:38 am - CRAWFORD, GA
iam so glad all is going well. so much at one time! i also miss every one they seemed to disapear at once!centry mark soooo close!i hope you have something special in mind to celebrate this wonderful moment! after all this doesn't happen but once in a life time!!!!!you're doing great! vicki g.
cathy.fowler
on 7/22/05 2:59 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Cindy, I'm so proud of your progress! I wish you were going to be at the reunion....I would love to meet you! Cathy Fowler
richardwidman
on 7/22/05 3:43 am - Las Vegas, NV
CONGRADULATIONS!!!! You are doing great! I too have recently crossed the century mark. It seems funny even to say that. None of my clothes fit. Thank goodness for the thrift stores. Keep up the good work, Richard in Vegas
nwlisac
on 7/22/05 10:32 am - Gresham, OR
Cindy I know exactly what you mean when you say that you met people that didn't turn out to be as nice in person. I had invested quite a bit of time and emotions in someone prior to my surgery. We emailed back and forth several times a day for several weeks before surgery and it made my pre-op experience more peaceful knowing I had someone experiencing the same fears and emotions and anxieties as me. Even though I only knew them a very short time, I considered them very dear to me. I felt we were very close and looked forward to sharing this journey with them. Yet when I had complications with my surgery, which were terrifying to me and my family, I never heard a WORD from them. I posted messages about my horrible fears on the message board but didn't get even one response. Not even a quick email to say "Hey I hope you're ok today, I'm thinking of you." About 7 days after I returned home, I finally did get an email from them...I opened it thinking that they might finally be thinking about me...but to no avail...they urgently needed me to email them to help THEM through a crisis. The next day I received another urgently worded email that I needed to contact them ASAP...still no words of caring or hope. I realized that I wasn't a friend at all...apparently I was just someone who passed the time for them. It hurt me tremendously and the overweight, ugly little girl inside of me came out again and cried and cried and cried. I am very proud of you and your weight loss. I know you had concerns about it and were very upset when I saw you in the hospital the day of your surgery. I know Dr. Aguirre had upset you. But I knew that you would be fine because after talking with you so much, I knew you were strong and motivated and driven to succeed. I'm also very sorry that you feel I wasn't very nice in person. Maybe after seeing my side of the story, you may empathize with a fat little girl who was tired of being used.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views