Small Scare

lakerskobeb
on 7/20/05 10:42 pm - Canton, OH
Hey Everyone, I made a small post the other day saying that I was feeling a little sick. I have been experiencing numbness on the entire right side of my body especially on my right shoulder. Well I went to the ER last night because of my symptoms. I was there for 3 hours before I even got a room (I hate ER's!). I had numbness last year in my leg, so the doctor was really worried it could be something more sever so she told me to go to the ER. The ER doctor said the good news was that he doesn't think I suffered a stroke (okay I didn't even think that young people could get strokes!!!, needless to say that worried me even more) he thinks it's just a pinched nerve. I have bad back problems, so it just may be my back that is irritating the nerve. I have another appointment with my family doctor in the morning, but for now they don't think it's anything bad. If my vision starts to get weak or my face starts to twitch then I'll have to go in for a MRI or CAT scan, but the doctor is sure it's nothing major. My arm and shoulder are really sore and I have been having mild anxiety attacks from all this crap. I was so worried it would be something big that would cause my surgery to be delayed again, but the doctor said I should be just fine!!! I am so relieved. I am teaching this fall so that is an extra 2400 dollars added to my surgery!!!! I was feeling so down when I had to cancel my first surgery date in June but if you could only see all the blessings that have come my way since then. I will have 4000 dollars of my own money saved so I will only have to borrow 5400!!! I am so relieved and it really shows me that every thing happens for a reason. Thank you so much for your prayers everyone. You all have really kept me motivated, I don't post everyday but I do check the boards everyday and I pray for you all and your recovery! Thanks, Ronda in OHIO
GW
on 7/21/05 1:29 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Ronda! I don't get to post very often either because of my new job, but I try to at least read the new posts before I go to bed. I have been thinking and praying about you since I first read of your situation. I am so sorry that you are going through this right now, and I know you can't help but be concerned, but remember, THIS TO SHALL PASS and God has you in the palm of His hand! I, too, was so disappointed when my first surgery was cancelled. But, in hindsight I can see how it was all for the good and that God had everything in control (as usual!) and that it was better. We all know that His way is best, but when it comes right down to it, we are still human and can still give in to our flesh and disappointment. Especially on something as lifechanging as this! Whatever happens, keep on trusting HIM! Keep us posted as soon as you know, okay? You are in my prayers! Genie
psgraham29
on 7/21/05 4:02 am - Seattle, WA
Glad there is an explanation other than a stroke because strokes can happen at any age. Also, glad that there is a very good side to having to postpone surgery -- and that you are seeing it. Take care, we are thinking about you. -Pam
Just Me
on 7/21/05 4:32 am - Happy Place, TN
Best Wishes
sue_f
on 7/22/05 11:29 am - Portland, OR
Hi Ronda, I am so sorry you are having these problems. I am not a nurse or doctor, but if you have back problems, your symptoms indeed may be related. I have had chronic back problems since I was 12, and I am here to testify that since my surgery, I have not had ONE back flare-up. I am willing to bet that your back problems will improve along with the numbness once you lose some of the weight next winter. On a funnier note, a few years ago I became alarmed because my right arm was having tingling and numbness starting around my bicep. I went to the doctor and he did some tests, and was even thinking I might be getting MS or something. A few days later, I figured out the problem--my underwire bra! I had a desk job that required a lot of typing and I was so fat that the wire from the bra jutted out into my arm right at the point I was having problems, and was poking me all day. I got rid of it and got some non-wire bras after that. Now, I am thin enough that I think I could wear them without my arms going to sleep! Take care, may God bless you. Sue F.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views