Strange thoughts and shakey hands.

WindyLady L.
on 7/20/05 1:04 pm - Grants Pass, OR
Hi everyone, First I must say I'm sorry I didn't know just how this worked and that I was able to reply to you directly through here. I do so very much appreciate all your help and comfort. As my surgery date comes closer and closer I'm having strange thoughts like getting all the way down there and then they can't do it. Or I won't make it through the surgery or the best is what would happen if when they cut me open they found a hernia and just sewed me back up and said they couldn't do the surgery. All the money I have worked to put up and all the plans I have made at my work and so on and so on. I guess its just the nerves getting the best of me. I haven't told anyone about my surgery except my doctors here which have been very supportive and my husband who also is supportive. The one time I mentioned this type of surgery to someone oh my Gosh they went off on me on how it could kill me how its so dangerous you get my drift. I really don't have anyone to talk this over with. And I don't want my husband to know how scared I really am. I bounced back from open heart surgery having a major value replacement. was back to work part time in a few weeks. I guess there really shouldn't be any difference. I'm also scared what if I don't lose weight like everyone else what if I just lose a couple of pounds. Please any advise your wisdom or experience would help. Have you heard of them not doing the surgery once they got in. Say if they found a hernia? Not that I know if I have one or not. I'm going for a echo cardio gram on Monday my pcp thinks all is fine with me. I see my heart dr on Wed 27, and then we leave on Aug 10th God bless you all Mariah
GerrAnn
on 7/20/05 2:11 pm - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Mariah, Join the club.... We all seem to go through some sort of termoil before the surgery.. All the worry and questions that run through our minds can drive us crazy.. My best advice is to read profile's from Dr. A's patients and that will answer a lot of your questions and help to put your mind at ease a bit.. Good luck to you.. I'm sure you will get a lot of your questions answered here on this site... GerrAnn
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views