ok.. tomorrow i get food.

DONNA RELLA
on 7/18/05 6:55 am - Uvalde, TX
i get to eat tomorrow. but i am really scared to try anything. i would like cream of wheat or mashed potatoes..or something like that... how did that go for yall. also, is it normal to feel bloated. i have sipped water today, but feel sore and bloated. oh, and i really wanna go home.
Boomma
on 7/18/05 12:13 pm - Osceola, WI
No surgery yet so...no advice....just well wishes for you!
DW
on 7/18/05 1:03 pm - Galveston, TX
I would try cream of wheat (watered down) with a couple of banana slices in it and I liked chicken boullion probably not that good for you but it sure tasted good, felt great on the throat and went down really well. Dot
GW
on 7/18/05 1:34 pm - Weatherford, TX
I didn't have cream of wheat. Still haven't. I like it so I don't know why....just forget about it I guess! Anyway, my first food was instant oatmeal and about 1/8 of a banana. It tasted so good! I got full really fast though! And yes, I was bloated! I felt like a marshmellow man! I held water from the iv's for days! I thought I would never lose it all! My thighs rubbed together worse then than they did before surgery! I finally lost it though! You will too! Take care! You will be home soon! Genie 270/205/125?
GW
on 7/19/05 2:08 am - Weatherford, TX
Forgot to mention, I didn't finish the oatmeal or the banana! Had about 4 bites of oatmeal and one of the itty bitty banana!
Just Me
on 7/18/05 4:43 pm - Happy Place, TN
When I stayed at the apartment, I ate chicken noodle soup, cream of wheat, and banana. The last day, prior to leaving, I cooked spinach and some scottish oatmeal which I brought. I took those two on the airplane. When I cooked, I left most at the apartment. I fit my meal in a 2.5 oz baby food jar. If it didn't fit in the jar, it didn't go in my mouth. Funny thing though, I had larger appetite 8-12 days after surgery than I did at about 4-5 weeks out after surgery. I still try to keep 2.5 oz volume as my "measuring" device. Best Wishes to you and your precious children.
gobelkys
on 7/18/05 10:03 pm - MIAMI, FL
Hi Donna, finally you will start using your new pouch. I was scared to eat too, but thats normal, its part of the unknown, whats goin to happen. I also felt very bloated and sore, but after a major surgery I think we all do pretty good. I know you will do great and will be very successful on your recovery and your loss. Just remember to do alot of walking and rest when you feel tired. Take care, Belkys 226/165/110
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/18/05 11:48 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Donna, I'm glad you're doing so well. I wish you the best on the rest of your trip!! Cheers! Lorraine
gogeko
on 7/19/05 2:45 am - Palmer, AK
WOW DONNA IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. I HAVENT BEEN ONLINE FOR OVER A WEEK. ITS SO GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOU WERE ABLE TO HAVE SURGERY. WHEN I WAS ABLE TO EAT I HAD LOW FAT YOGURT WITH A SMALL PIECE OF BANNANA. I WOULD MASH THE BANNANA AND THAN MIX IT INTO THE YOGURT. I COULD NEVER FINISH A WHOLE CONTAINER. IT WOULD LAST FOR 2 OR 3 MEALS. I ALSO HAD SURGER FREE JELLO AND PUDDING CUPS. AGAIN NEVER COULD FINISH ONE. I WOULD JUST TAKE A FEW BITES AND WOULD BE SATISFIES. I ALSO HAD CHICKEN BROTH AND WOULD DIP SOME TOSTADA BREAD IN IT TO SOFTEN IT. AND I SNITCHED A FEW SMALL BITES OF MY HUSBANDS BAKED POTATO. MMMM GOOOD. CANNED SOUPS WERE GOOD. I WOULD EAT JUST A FEW BITES. AND BE SATISFIED. SEEMS WASTEFUL BUT ANYTHING I DIDNT FINISH MY HUSBAND ATE. I DID FILL BLOATED AS YOU DESCRIBED. THIS IS BECAUSE OF ALL THE FLUID THEY PUMPED THRU THE IVS AND BECAUSE YOUR INSIDES WILL BE SWOLLEN FOR AWHILE UNTILL THEY HAVE MORE TIME TO HEAL. DONT BE SCARED. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING GREAT. CINDY
bonnied
on 7/19/05 9:57 pm - St. Albans, VT
I was really suprised how much pudding, applesauce and yogurt I could get in after surgery. I was convinced I didn't have surgery, the doc must have made a mistake! Boy did that change when I had chicken for the first time! Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views