Help - What's Happened

Carrie S.
on 7/17/05 8:24 am - Glendale, AZ
I need to know this is normal, because I am starting to get freaked out. I had surgery on May 31, lost 22 pounds and that's it. The scale did not budge for two weeks and today it went up a pound. I exercise every day 30 minutes to an hour on the elliptical machine at the gym. I eat normally, I've gone over my daily food diaries and rarely do I exceed 1000 calories a day and I get enough portein in. What has caused this stall? Has anyone else experienced this? I am so frustrated - I expected faster results with consistant exercise. I am desperate for any advice or reassurance that this isn't the end of my weight loss. Thanks, Carrie
Just Me
on 7/17/05 5:08 pm - Happy Place, TN
Hi, I had surgery on June 1st and was a very slow loser. I had only lost four pounds nine days after surgery. I was really angry at myself... I hit a sort of stall three weeks out after surgery. Even with 600+ plus calories burned a day at the gym, another stall seemed to occur at about 5 weeks. Now, when I say stall, I mean the scales quit moving downward. But I don't take my measurements, so I could have been losing inches. Either way, I tend to go hungry a lot, but my calories intake is less than 800 and maybe less than 600. Tired of the gym and miss eating food for fun. Now it is sometimes painful, yucky, or just plain ole' disappointing.
richardwidman
on 7/19/05 1:47 am - Las Vegas, NV
I had my surgery on April 18th. I lost around 30 lbs. really fast then stalled out. My nutritionist told me that my body was in starvation mode and was trying to conserve the energy I had stored (fat) She also assured me that in due time my body would adjust to limited calories and I would begin to lose again. I am happy to tell you that as of last friday I have lost 104lbs. Don't fret just keep doing the right thing, and it will all go your way soon. Good luck Richard
bonnied
on 7/19/05 10:01 pm - St. Albans, VT
Hey girl! I'm so glad you posted! I'm going throught the same thing! I got up to 35 pounds for losses, then BAM, nothing for the last 2 weeks! Must be that our bodies are adjusting to the weight loss. I cannot get in anywhere near 1000 cals per day, and before surgery I was eating 3000 cals per day, so I know it will come off eventually! Plus, Carrie, you and I are on the "smaller side" for WLS patients anyway, we will lose slower! Hang in there! Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views