Local doctors for fill...HELP

Flor_Bellas
on 7/16/05 6:43 pm - Miami, FL
Hi everyone. I meed to know where on this forum can I find a list of local doctors who provide fills for patients from Mexico. I remember seeing it but can't recall where I saw it. It listed all the doctors in your local area along with the prices they charge for fills with or without flouro. Thanks, Maria
Jo M.
on 7/17/05 4:28 am - Kingsland, GA
Hi Maria, To me that was the most important thing. Just be sure you get the Inamed band or it will be hard to find a US doctor who will touch you. It is the only band approved in the US. However, Dr. Gomez in Coral Gables may. That is not far from you. Yahoo's Mexicanbandsters has a data base with doctors. I found mine there. Here are the listings for Florida: JACKSONVILLE . . .Dr. Abbas Shariat, 904-246-9464, $500 for initial visit and $350 for fills. CORAL GABLES. . .Dr. Eddie Gomez, 1150 Campo Sano Avenue, Suite 30, Coral Gables, Florida 33146, 305-669-2388 Call to find out (Ask for Emilio) Apparently they will fill any type of band, not just Inamed Call to find out LARGO. . .Tiffany Jesse, 2039 Indian Rocks Road Largo, Florida 33774, http://www.shedthepounds.com, (727) 584-7666, $200.00 after first fill. First fill is done with fluoro, subsequent fills can be done without Fluoro. Good Luck, Jo scheduled with Dr. Kuri on July 21
Jo M.
on 7/17/05 5:13 am - Kingsland, GA
Hi, Maria, it's me, again. I thought that I might also give you the web site of the American Society of Bariatric Surgery (ASBS), which is www.asbs.org. Once you get into this site, click on patients at the top. This will allow you to search for bariatric surgeons. But, the ones you want to search for have FOLL after their names. This means "Willing to follow other surgeon's patients." These surgeons will be open to doing fills for people who have had their surgery elsewhere. However, I have learned that does not always mean that they would take a patient who has had their surgery in Mexico. You will just have to call and ask them. But that is another resource for finding a US doctor to do your fill. I had lined up one doctor for my fills who later called and said that there had been a 'miscommunication' and that they would not take any patients who had their surgery in Mexico. There was no 'miscommunication.' I was very upfront with that. They just changed their minds. I would suggest that you get your fill doctor lined up before having your surgery. My surgery is not until July 21, but I have already made my appointment for six weeks upon my return. I just feel more comfortable having the issue of fills taken care of prior to surgery. Jo
Just Me
on 7/17/05 5:11 pm - Happy Place, TN
Hi, Did you ever find an angel? I want to support you, but unsure how. Let us know how things are going!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views