Filing on Flexible Spending Account?

bettyann29
on 7/15/05 3:50 pm - bedford, TX
I have found out that the IRS has deemed obesity to be an illness and per my height and weight I am obese.. I am wondering if anyone has filed their receipt with their flexible spending thru their work to get some of the money back up front and then they are just taking the money out of each check for the rest of that year?? I currently do flexible spending thru my employer and send in receipts for copays, etc and it states that if it is recognized by the IRS as an illness I can claim it.. Just wondering if the receipt was acceptable or did you have to have something else in order to file?
Carrie S.
on 7/18/05 2:49 pm - Glendale, AZ
When I filed my receipt all that was required was a receipt for the surgery (which was a package deal) and a letter from doctor stating that the surgery was necessary. My company's account administrators paid the bill right away. Also, whatever your can't claim against your flexible spending account you can use towards medical deductions on your taxes. Either way it helps to get reimbursed for some of the expense.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views