Post surgery rash, anyone else had it?

R N.
on 7/15/05 3:24 pm - Raleigh, NC
Hi everyone: Maybe someone can share with me if the same has happened to them. I am 10 days post op and woke up with a rash today on my elbows, back of my knees, my ears, and the back of my neck. A few of my friends said it may be the anesthesia trying to come out. If it gets worse, I will go to my PCP tomorrow.. in the meantime, has anyone else had any kind of problems like this? Is it ok for me to take Benadryl? I would really appreciate any feedback about this.. THANKS!
Dinka Doo
on 7/16/05 1:30 am - Medford, OR
I don't suspect it's the same thing, but I did have a horrible yeast infection after surgery- from all the antibiotics. I wonder if that might be a similar type reaction. Otherwise, I had my long term rash on my back actually clear up after surgery, but I think I have some sort of auto-immune thing going on and the surgery just forced my body to work on healing from the surgery so it gave up attacking my skin. Dina
bonnied
on 7/20/05 2:46 am - St. Albans, VT
Hey there! Glad to see you back on the boards! I hope everything went well in Mexico for you! I was taking liquid benadryl 2 days after sugery (because I take tylenol pm to help me sleep) and it worked great. You can get it cheaper at Walmart. I always get rashes and guess what? Docs can't diagnose 90% of rashes (their causes) so they treat them all pretty equally with creams and antihistamines. If Benadryl does not work, you'd better be seen for something stronger! Good luck! Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views