Something that does aggrevate me a bit...

Jennnifer
on 7/15/05 9:27 am - Southgate, MI
Ok i'm now like 1 month and 10 days out from surgery. I get more and more nervous by the day. I have been in contact with Rosella for a few weeks now, and i've asked many questions. She is a really nice person it seems, but one thing that makes me nervous is when I ask a question, she never directly reponds to what I ask. She has very vague responses, and that makes me a bit nervous. For instance, the other day I asked on this board what would happen if I didn't have any extra money if something happened at the hospital. I asked her the exact same question to her in an email "I have a hypothetical question to ask. So I know the surgery is from $9400.00. Let's say that's all I have. What happens if there is a complication, and more services are required?? Do you demand payment right then and there, or work something out?" She responded with: "In case of complications, the medical staff won't be an extra cost, they will provide their services without an extra fee, but the hospital can be an extra cost." I have to say "duh" to this because that is what I asked, but whenever I ask a question those are the types of responses I get. I'm sure this is a great practice, and Dr. Aguirre is probably very excellent, and Rosella seems to be helpful, but it does make me a tad nervous when they beat around the bush at serious questions. Just a little vent.... Jennifer
cambigue
on 7/15/05 9:46 am - Auburn, GA
RNY on 06/15/05 with
My doctor requested that I bring an extra $1000 just in case there was an issue. There wasn't and I came home with all of it, but it probably isn't a bad idea....
Jennnifer
on 7/15/05 9:48 am - Southgate, MI
Oh yes, we've established that it was safe to bring extra money. The thing was is that she didn't tell me too, she just kinda avoided the topic. But yeah, I plan on bringing lots extra. Thanks!
DW
on 7/15/05 10:34 am - Galveston, TX
Hi Jennifer, What Rosella is saying is that if you have complications the doctors will not charge an additional fee, but the hospital/Cardiomed is separate from the doctors and may charge you extra. Dot
Jennnifer
on 7/15/05 1:01 pm - Southgate, MI
Yes i'm aware that's what she is saying, but what I asked her was basically how do they go about wanting their money... this is what I specifically asked, "What happens if there is a complication, and more services are required?? Do you demand payment right then and there, or work something out?" I'm fully aware that the hospital charges extra for complications, I was just wondering what happens if you didn't have the money... and she didn't respond Thanks! Jennifer
Dinka Doo
on 7/16/05 1:26 am - Medford, OR
Jennifer - If several folks here have misunderstood what you were asking, perhaps give her the benefit of the doubt and figure she didn't understand either. I got what you were saying but obviously if you didn't get the answer, you should reiterate it and ask it again. I believe Rosella isn't avoiding the question, but that she misunderstood what you asked. She is probably asked the same question over and over and may have just fallen into default answer mode. I have done that before as well - you only half listen to the question and don't realize that there was a little more to the question than the typical inquiry. Dina
Jennnifer
on 7/16/05 7:47 am - Southgate, MI
Ok well I do give her the benefit of the doubt... I really do, but every email? I mean I am trusting them with my life, and I like Rosella a lot from what I have talked to her. When I first was inquiring with her, I sent her a list of very specific questions, and this was included as well, and she didn't answer any of them, but sent me a scripted email. So I asked again, and she didn't answer again, usually replies with something vague, but not really the answer. There theoretically wasn't anything to misunderstand really if you read the email, I only asked how do they arrange payment. But I understand what you are saying, and I do give her the benefit of the doubt. I am a very patient person, it just frustrates me a little.
Dinka Doo
on 7/16/05 9:46 am - Medford, OR
Then you need to call her and not rely on email. I think for most folks who spend any amount of time online, we come to realize that it is VERY easy to miscommunicate on the computer. If she doesn't answer the question directly the first time you can reiterate what you asked and nail it down that way. Dina
SandiBeach
on 7/16/05 8:20 am - Northwest USA
Jennifer, I had a small complication in Mexico w/ Dr. Aguirre. I was admitted back into the hospital for an X-ray type thing & several shots. I was in the hospital for 4 hours. They offered for me to stay over night free of charge. The charge for the X-ray and shots was about $150.00- they took and used my visa card (the hospital). All charges came through on m Visa correct. I did get the impression, if I had not had the money they would have worked with me later... The did not try and get money from me before they had handled the problem. Money was not even discussed. I know that if I had this same proceedure done in the US the charges would have been over 2k. I know this is not a direct answer, but thought it might help... Knowing everthing about Dr Aguirre that I do (first hand). I know that if something were to go wrong, he would take care of YOU, and worry about the rest LATER. I am more than 2 years post-op.
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/21/05 6:26 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Hey Jennifer, I completely understand what you mean. I just sent her an e-mail with three complete defined questions and although she replied quickly, I only got a short answer to one of them. Just keep sending her e-mails with the questions you want answered. Until you get them answered. Or just ask them here!! I'm sure someone can answer them! Cheers! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views