Mortar and Pestle

Lorraine Wentz
on 7/13/05 10:19 am - St. Catharines, Canada
What are everyones thoughts on using a mortar and pestle to crush up the needed vitamins for after surgery and taking them with a bit of water? I've never heard of people doing this, but it seems a practicle way to get all the recommended doses in without having to swallow a butt load of pills...... And this way you can take them all at once. Just put the crushed vitamins in a little bitty amount of water and take them in one or in a couple sips. It might seem a pain in the butt to have to do, but if you make it a part of your morning and night regiment, it'll just seem natural after a few weeks. Does anybody do this? What are all your thoughts? Is it better for the body to have the pills crushed, or does it not make a difference? Cheers! Lorraine
Boomma
on 7/13/05 10:25 am - Osceola, WI
Lorrainne....I was looking in Walgreens drug store the other day, getting ready for my surgery, and they had a large assortment of chewable adult vitamins...different kinds. I am going to try that route. PS: I love your posts about your deams! Wish I could remember mine but I rarely do!
vickig
on 7/22/05 1:52 am - CRAWFORD, GA
loraine did you get my message about the dream? i read that in a health mag. yeeeaaarrrsss ago! (my best friend would say more useless knowledge from the mind of vicki,when i would come up with this stuff)useless knowledge, my hind legg. that can be a scarry dream! i hope it put your mind at ease!
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/22/05 6:55 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Vicki, I haven't tried making th scar cream yet, but I'm going to try finding something on the internet. If I do I'll let you know! I did get your message about the dream I had, and no it doesn't put my mind at ease! Now I'm worried about being self-conscious!! Cheers! Lorraine
Just Me
on 7/14/05 4:36 am - Happy Place, TN
I have a mortar and pestle in my kitchen... use it all the time, even for vitamins. One thing after surgery, I combined DMAE, Qc10, Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Palmitate not the regular ole' vitamin C and not Ester C) and Shea Butter. Crunched it up and used it as a lotion/cream. Helps the scars. Cheaper than Mederma. Best Wishes
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/14/05 5:56 am - St. Catharines, Canada
That sounds like fun to make! What's DMAE and Qc10? Where can I get them? And what are the measurements for the recipe? I have really pale and sensitive skin, so when I get cut it either takes forever to go away or it doesn't ever fully disapear. So I'll try anthing to get it to go away! I have a feeling though, that this surgery scar won't fully disapear. It's been nearly three years since my c-section, and although it's faint, you can still see it. Of course, I could care less. A scar is the least of my worries!! Cheers! Lorraine
vickig
on 7/21/05 6:05 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
did you ever get the measurments for that scare potion? i would ;ove it if you could forward that to me. thanks v.g.
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/21/05 11:37 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Nope. Never got it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?