4 Months Post op 63lbs lost!

Tracy
on 7/12/05 1:05 pm - Arlington, TX
(This is a repost from the main lapband message board. I Just had to make sure my Mexico bandsters saw it!!) Hi Group!! I wish I were able to post on here more often but work and life doesn't always permit. I do keep my website up to date so if click on my profile, you will see a link to my site. I am 4 months and 11 days out and I have lost 63 lbs!! I get a lot of people asking me what I am doing and i just don't know if I am doing anything different then most people, but I will post here just in case: 1. I exercise 5-6 days a week. Curves 3x, Water aerobics 2x, bicycling around the neighborhood on the 6th day. Sometimes I bicyle on the same days I go to curves, and when I do that, I find the scale moves. 2. I eat about 4-6oz (or 8oz on a good day) at a time. I know some on the board say that is not enough, while others have been instructed to eat more. I go by my docs instructions and that is under 1000 calories a day, and 4-8oz at each meal. Sometimes I eat more on the weekends (who am I kidding, of course I do!) and then my calorie intake is around 1200. Now with that said, I only started eating these amounts about a month ago after my last fill to 2.5 cc's. Before then I was eating a cup to a cup and a half at each meal. 3. I basically eat what I want, just smaller portions. Luckily I do not have problems with bread, or pasta. I can eat about 3/4 cup of food and stay full for 3-4 hours. 4. If I feel like eating icecream, I eat it. If I feel like cheating with something else, I do it. 5. I am a scale-a-holic but I only weigh once a day. (better then 3 or 4!! ) You know that commercial where the guy weighs himself, then runs once around the room and weighs himself again and the tag line is "Want fast results?" ? I laugh my *ss off because it reminds me of WHAT I COULD BE if I let the scale get to me. 6. I am lucky if I get in 40oz of water a day. I drink more if I am outside working in the heat, less if I am at the office all day. I do have a bad habit of drinking 44oz unsweetened ice teas from Sonic. Hard habit to break! But I only allow myself that if I have had at least 20oz of water. Don't scold me, I am working on my water issues!! So I don't know if I am doing much different then others. The great thing is I feel GREAT!! I have ton's of energy, I feel on top of the world--truly! I am almost to a point in my weight loss that I have not been able to reach by dieting a lone and that makes me feel wonderful. I love MY BAND!! Tracy In Texas Dr. Aceves in Mexico 280/217/160 -63lbs!! http://www.tracyslapband.com
NkyBelle76
on 7/12/05 2:16 pm - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
Tracy, That is so great! I am scheduled to have surgery at the end of August and it always makes me feel good when I see someone else that is having such a great success. I hope that will be me soon! Good luck. Melissa
Flor_Bellas
on 7/12/05 3:45 pm - Miami, FL
Way to go Tracy. I'll soon be on the losing side. I just posted a message please read it. Dr. Aceves will be my surgeon also. I'm 15 days away from surgery and freaking out. You also inspired me to start a journal. Your journal was the first thing I read because someone in the main chat room recommended I read it. I devoured every word and decided to contact Nina. She's been great. I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And envious as well Still, I'm scared out of my mind. I can't sleep and am obsessing...lol. I developed a cough over the weekend that I suspect is an allergy caused by Hurricane Dennis that skirted us in South Florida but stirred up alot of rain and who knows what else. I know for sure I don't have a cold but I sure do have a nagging cough. I'm going to try taking Benadryl to see if it alleviates this. Sorry to keep going on and on but I feel as if I know you personally because you have been such an inspiration to me without you even knowing it. Blessings to you!!!!!!
vickig
on 7/13/05 4:25 am - CRAWFORD, GA
great job.i was wondering who does you fills?how long did it take you to recover from sx.
Tracy
on 7/13/05 1:23 pm - Arlington, TX
Thank you everyone for your very kind replies! I appreciate all of your comments, it really helps and makes me feel good. Something about getting a pat on the back from people who know what you are going through makes all the difference in the world. Maria, you can contact me anytime. Don't be nervous, you will be fine.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views