Saw an old boyfriend...LOL

sue_f
on 7/12/05 5:57 am - Portland, OR
Last Sunday I saw an old boyfriend at church. We have not spoken for more than 23 years. We each have been married about 22 years, and it's not like I ever even think about him. He lives in Southern California and was up here with his wife on business. It was quite a shock to see him again. I just wanted to say how grateful I am that I am down 72 pounds from what I was just 7 months ago. Had he showed up while I was at my heaviest, I would have wanted to crawl under a table and never come out!! LOL. Instead, I felt confident, and youthful and maybe even a little bit pretty. (If I had known, I would have worn a prettier dress! Anyway, his wife, whom I really don't know and I imagine is a lovely woman, looked quite old. She obviously spends a lot of time in the sun and her face looked like a Gucci handbag! Meow! And he was quite bald. (He was always very sensitive about his hair). I guess I still have a tiny bit of hard feelings toward him because he was a very demanding beau at the time and put a lot of pressure on me to be "perfect" in every way. I was happy we broke up and have been blissfully married to my honey for 22 years. But it felt good to look good after all this time. Especially since I looked younger than his wife! (Meow, again). Thanks every body for your support and good wishes. Sue F.
Lena Kay
on 7/12/05 6:32 am - WA
Sue, I am so happy this happened to you! You can remember how good you felt for years to come. My dream is to show up at my son's wedding looking and feeling fabulous. My ex-husband always demanded perfection, but during and after our divorce I gained a lot of weight and felt utterly humiliated every time I saw him. Even though don't "officially" care what he thinks any more, deep inside I want to walk in and see him and his whole family's mouths drop open in shock. I want to be slim and healthy and glowing with happiness. Hah! The best part is, I think this dream can actually come true. Lena
vickig
on 7/13/05 4:48 am - CRAWFORD, GA
sweet victory!!!!!!i love it. best of luck to the both of you you! dreams can come true.heeeheeee
Kelli ~.
on 7/21/05 8:33 am - Atwater, CA
Girl, isn't it great to feel so good about yourself?? I am happy for you!! I know when I get my surgery and I lose the weight I am going to find my ex bf who thought his stuff didn't stink. He was always Mr Fitness but he is too going bald...I just love the irony of it all. I'll be happy to be losing while he is fretting losing...lol. What I think hurt my feelings was he was with me just so he can mark that off his list...like I slept with a "fatty" check off...well wait till he sees me after several months! Anywho, I'll be glad to be healthier and bubblier! Take Care!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views