I'm back post op from Monterrey and doing FANTASTIC

R N.
on 7/11/05 1:07 pm - Raleigh, NC
Hi everyone: Dr. Rumbaut and the whole Monterrey experience was absolutely incredible, classy, and .. well.. worth EVERY single penny. I only have 5 little holes in my abdomen area which is where Dr. Rumbaut and his surgical team (who were all incredibly awesome to me) did the laproscopic. I also got to meet "Pam" the night before I left Mexico.. I met Pam on here and we had agreed to meet.. she was doing well and was excited to begin her journey as well, she goes for her procedure on Wed, July 13. I will post when I call her or her husband after surgery. Dr. Rumbaut let me leave 3 days earlier because I was doing so well. I'm only 6 days post op and really doing amazingly well. I was a bit worried the first two days thinking I would never recover in a week, however, the next morning I woke up and guess what... literally hour by hour I was feeling better and better! Thank you to all who emailed me and sent me such supportive emails! If anyone wants to know more, I'll be happy to post more.. To all who are about to go for surgery.. YOU ARE GOING TO DO THE BEST THING FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FUTURE!!
bettyann29
on 7/11/05 1:38 pm - bedford, TX
RNiko.. Glad to hear you're back and recovering so well.. Can I ask which surgery you had? RNY or Lap Band?
R N.
on 7/11/05 1:52 pm - Raleigh, NC
I'm sorry if I did not mention it buy I had "Lap RNY" a full gastric bypass, proximal Were you considering RNY as well?
Just Me
on 7/11/05 2:14 pm - Happy Place, TN
Would you feel to state the price paid? thanks.
R N.
on 7/12/05 8:40 am - Raleigh, NC
Sure Pat, I paid 14,600 for an absolute FIRST CLASS , speedy recovery surgery. I only have 5 little holes that I was never aware of, they never have bothered me. I didn't even have to have a bag for discharge attached to me, nor a feeding tube. Dr. Rumbaut claimed that he'd prefer not to keep his patients in pain anymore than they have to be. Of course, there are times he does do that, it all depends on the patient's health, how the surgery went, etc. I had to pay my own airfare, and the last few days of my hotel stay at $78 (taxes included) per night. I have to tell you, if you have to, save up the extra money and use this doctor. I can't tell you how impressed I am. Also, it turns out that Dr. Rumbaut is a leader in the field and does symposiums, as well as training for doctor's everywhere, including the US. By the way, he speaks fluent English because he grew up in Akron, OH.. made me feel great! If you have any other questions, please email me, or post , I'll be happy to tell you more Romana
bonnied
on 7/11/05 3:54 pm - St. Albans, VT
You are so right! Going to Dr. Rumbaut was the best thing I ever did for myself. And paying the extra money to have lap RNY instead of open was totally worth it recovery wise as well. I am so glad everything went so well for you! Keep us posted on your progress! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 35 pounds gone
R N.
on 7/12/05 8:33 am - Raleigh, NC
Hi Bonnie! EVERYTHING was awesome in Monterrey!! I can't believe how good I feel only 7 days post op.. I am a bit surprised however at how much liquid I am able to consume.. did you find the same thing? I keep wondering if my stomach is really smaller...lol. I might have read too many things and talked to much to a freind of mine who also had WLS surgery who used to tell me how she had to time herself every 30 mins to slowly sip sip 1 ounce.. I did that for the first three days, but now I can easily consume 4-6oz of liquid. I will not eat any real food until next Tuesday when I am 14 days post op can you tell me if eating food is a different sensation and I will actually feel fuller faster and eat much less? PS - My ankles are looking kind a nice again, LOL.. I've lost 12 lbs, I know all water, but I'll take it anyway I can get! Thank you for writing to me Bonnie.. Love, Romana
bonnied
on 7/12/05 11:03 am - St. Albans, VT
Just wait until solid foods. I could always take in large amounts of liquids, even the day after surgery! First food was a totally different story, LOL! Here I am, over 5 weeks out and 3 tiny bites is all I can handle! It's crazy the difference real food makes. Today I threw up because I ate those 3 tiny bites in about a 10 minute time span and the poor old tummy didn't like that at all!
R N.
on 7/15/05 12:05 am - Raleigh, NC
Ahhhh thanks for this post Bonnie! I was really alarmed at how much liquid I am easily able to take in. I guess I'll find out next week when I start eating soft foods. How are you doing?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views