MEDIFAST PRODUCTS???

wendyjca
on 7/9/05 1:39 am - Escondido, CA
HI, I HAVE ASSORTED MEDIFAST PRODUCTS THAT I BOUGHT PRIOR TO MY LAP RNY ON 6/21/05. THE PRODUCTS CONTAIN BETWEEN 2G & 16G OF SUGAR. IS IT OK TO EAT THEM?? ALSO, IS WATERMELON OK?? I KNOW THAT IT HAS 25G OF NATURAL SUGAR SO I'M HESITANT TO TRY IT, BUT I AM CRAVING IT THANKS FOR YOUR WJ
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/9/05 5:04 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Natural sugar is something your body needs. Never be affraid of eating too much natural sugar. As for the refined sugars, the recommended daily intake is around 40 grams...... give or take according to your calorie intake. Cheers! Lorraine
Dinka Doo
on 7/9/05 7:46 pm - Medford, OR
Um, I have to SERIOUSLY disagree with you here. You CAN indeed eat too much natural sugar having had an RNY and being violently ill is one little bit of proof in that pudding. Bananas made me dump from the start, as would anything else that was sweet. I can eat them now, but I'm over a year out as well. Generally a person should strive for lower carb after an RNY for a couple of reasons: 1) You should get your sustinance from protein first because it will give your body most of what it will need while you are losing so quickly. You need protein more than carbs. 2) Sugars - even natural - make most people who have had an RNY dump. 3) Too many carbs can cause water retention and can stall loss. I eat a lot of fruit now, but one should go at it slowly at first and see what their bodies can tolerate. Certainly you don't have to live without it, but you need to be cautious and gentle with yourself. No sense in knocking yourself out for 3 hours because you are eating something natural and normally good for you. We are altering our bodies here - we are going to have to modify how we do things. Consider it an allergy. Some people are allergic to peanuts. We tend to be allergic to sugars. As for trying the watermelon - go ahead. Just go slowly and eat a little bit. If your heart starts racing after a very small serving, stop and wait before you try it again. Give it some time.... Dina
tamara_b73
on 7/10/05 3:08 am - wisconsin dells, wi
I have to agree with Dinka Doo as well. Generally I have heard that 5 g. sugar per serving is the most sugar that we would want to take in at a time. More usually makes people dump. Good luck, Tamara 321/238/?
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/10/05 7:20 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I guess we learn something every day.... Cheers! Lorraine
bonnied
on 7/11/05 4:09 pm - St. Albans, VT
I agree! Be careful about the sugars, natural or not! It doesn't take much at all for me to dump! On the flip side, I did have a piece of watermelon last week without any problems. It was a piece the size of my hand. Good luck! Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views