Anybody know Dr. Alberto Aceves in Mexico?

Flor_Bellas
on 7/6/05 2:37 pm - Miami, FL
My insurance has an exclusion so I've decided to go south of the border. Does anybody know Dr. Aceves in Mexico? Anybody in the Miami area gone there? Please give me any information because I am seriously considering doing the LapBand there. I was originally thinking of Dr. Kuri but what I've researched so far makes Dr. Aceves more appealing. The hospital seems nice. If I decide to do it with him the surgery will be the end of July so I need some information urgently!!!!!! I'm new in this site so I don't know what the process is. I haven't introduced myself either What's an angel? Maria
Maria F.
on 7/6/05 11:17 pm - San Diego, CA
Welcome Maria! There are many of Dr. Aceves patients on this board, happy patients I might add. You are making a good choice I can assure you will be happy with his care. The hospital is VERY nice, to me this was important. He is an awesome doctor! He took the time to explain everything before surgery, answered ALL my questions, he is a very caring man. You will be in good hands with him. Nina is wonderful you will like her, she is very helpful. My entire experience in Mexico was great! Their aftercare is very good as well, you can always count on them to answer your questions. I have the doctor's cel phone, although I have not used it to date it is good to have in case needed. Good luck with your surgery and report back! Mary Dr. Aceves lap band
Sandy N.
on 7/7/05 12:10 am - GA
Maria, Can't say enough about Dr. Aceves and my whole lap band exprience. It has been a wonderful journey since the first call I made to Nina. I had surgery over a year and half ago I am very close to my goal weight and am very happy about it. You are just starting your journey and in my experience and opinion your starting with the right foot. You will be surprised at the care and attention you get from the nursing staff, the coordinator at the hospital and of course the doctor. He is WONDERFUL man, I have said this many times and feel my success is in great part due to him, not only for doing the surgery but for being there all the way. You be his patient for the rest of your life! He knows this and the relationship starts when you go there, he cares and wants you to be succesful. is like a godparent for the weight loss surgeries, been there done that person, he/she helps you along the way. Best of luck! Sandy N lap band- Dr. Aceves
wendyjca
on 7/7/05 5:01 am - Escondido, CA
HI, I HAD THE LAP RNY SURGERY WITH DR. ACEVES ON 6/21 AND IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! THE DOCTOR AND HIS ASSOCIATES ARE THE BEST, I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED CARE & TREATMENT THAT COMPARES IN THE U.S. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM FOR THE RNY OR LAPBAND! WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL, I SPOKE WITH PATIENTS THAT HAD BOTH TYPES OF SURGERY AND CAN RELATE THAT THEY WERE VERY HAPPY AS WELL. SINCE I LIVE IN THE SAN DIEGO AREA, I AM GOING TO HAVE ALL OF MY FOLLOW UP VISITS WITH DR. ACEVES. YOU WILL NOT REGRET CHOOSING HIM AS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS SURGEON!! WJ
deekidd
on 7/7/05 11:43 pm - Naples, FL
I had lap rny with Dr. Aceves on May 24th 05. The hospital is very nice, private in fact. Some of the nurses speak fluent English, and all the doctors speak English. I personaly had some complications(leaky pouch) and I had to stay about 10 days longer( total 19 days in Mexicali) And I am from South Florida. I had added expenses due to the extra time not included in the original package and I had to get a whole new plane ticket going home. But, overall, looking back, I dont think I could of received better care and attention anywhere else. They really care about you and that is what's really important. Good luck. David
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views