More Prayers Needed!!!

Lorraine Wentz
on 7/4/05 12:39 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Hi all!! I found a list of co-morbidities that my health insurance considers to be caused by obesity. I didn't have this information when I applied to have my insurance pay for me to have wls in the states. As a result of that I obviously didn't get approved and decided to have my surgery in Mexico. I have c.m.'s that I didn't even know I had! Now that I have the list and a better understanding of what they want from you when you apply for out of country surgery payment, I'm going to re-apply to see if they'll pay for my surgery with Dr. Aguirre. They may not approve a Mexico surgeon, only a US surgeon. In that case I'll be having my surgery in WA state where all of my family and friends are. I've filled out the paperwork and have an appointment with my doc on Wed. so he can sign them. When my insurance approves an application, it's always within a few days, so I'm certain that I'll find out before I leave on Aug. 3rd. If they don't let me know before I leave and hoping that my iron and hemoglobin levels are up, then I'll still go and self pay like initially planned. It's kind of a long story, but the short version is that I really need my insurance to approve this because if they do, then my father is going to let me keep the money he gave me for the surgery, and that means that after my surgery I'll be able to move to Vancouver. Something that I've needed to do for a long time. Where I live right now has pulled me into depression and caused me to gain 100 lbs. in the last five years. I have no friends or family here. They're all over on the west coast. I don't want to have this life changing surgery, then come back here to the place that has put me in the position of needing the surgery in the first place. I figure that if I have this surgery, then move to a place where I know I'll be happier, then that will give me a better chance at succeeding with my weight loss. It's still a long story and there's more to it, but that's the jist of it....... Anyway!!! I really really hope that they will approve Mexico!! Fingers crossed! Please pray! Cheers! Lorraine I'll of course keep you all posted about what happens! Also, I hope you all had a lovely 4th. We here celebrated Canada Day on the 1st, so had friday off instead of today, but I also celebrated the 4th, as I am proudly American!!
psgraham29
on 7/4/05 4:40 pm - Seattle, WA
Thinking of you and asking you get the best.
DONNA RELLA
on 7/4/05 11:53 pm - Uvalde, TX
Hi Lorraine... Just finished saying a prayer for you. I know that everything will work out. God Bless you. Now, you do know that even if you have surgery in the US, you still have to keep up with this board, right? (it is a rule!!!) I leave in a week... surgery in 10 days. Please continue to pray for me...thank you so much...
Boomma
on 7/5/05 6:12 am - Osceola, WI
I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed and sending many prayers your way! The way I got my approval was document...document...document any and all co-morbidities you can!! I sure hope this works out for you so you can move....if it doesn't, I pray you will be happier where you now live after the surgery.
Ferchie
on 7/5/05 6:57 am - Twin Falls, ID
I am sending you all my love and prayers and I hope you get the answer that you need.
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/6/05 5:31 am - St. Catharines, Canada
It's done! The paperwork was put in the mail today, so fingers crossed that I'll hear something in the next two weeks or so!! Cheers! Lorraine
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/6/05 5:33 am - St. Catharines, Canada
P.S. Thank you all for your support!
GW
on 7/6/05 5:38 am - Weatherford, TX
Lorraine, Prayers going up! I totally understand about wanting the insurance to cover! It doesn't matter WHERE you have it, so long as you HAVE IT! Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views