YO! Donna?

GW
on 7/1/05 1:50 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Donna! Guess what today is? This is the month you have been waiting for! It is July!!!! You will be leaving in 2 weeks to start your new life! How exciting is that? I know everything is going to be just great! We are all praying for you! Genie
DONNA RELLA
on 7/1/05 6:49 am - Uvalde, TX
how does driving from texas to ensenada sound???
GW
on 7/1/05 8:59 am - Weatherford, TX
Donna, That sounds very do-able! So long as you are not going alone so you can get out and stretch and relax coming back! My sister lies in San Diego and when she drives in for a visit, it is 18 hours. Now, I don't know where Uvalde is, but we are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. San Diego is 90 minutes from Ensenada, so add an hour to the 18. If you are closer than Dallas, subtract some. If further, add. Where are you? Just make sure you walk around and take lots of breaks! You wouldn't want a blood clot to form in your legs! Genie
DONNA RELLA
on 7/1/05 12:15 pm - Uvalde, TX
i am close to san antonio. I will be able to stop and takes lots of breaks...(its my car and my money)...heeheehee.. Please continue to pray for all of this to work out for me. thanks
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/2/05 2:43 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Donna, If I can drive all the way across Canada by myself when I'm 6 months pregnant, I think you can drive to and from Ensenada!!! I for one LOVE road trips, so that was nothing for me. If you're not a road tripper though, it can be a whole other experience!! My husband and I are planning on moving to Vancouver next summer, so I'm looking forward to the drive out there for the fourth time!! You'll do just fine! Take LOTS of breaks, pack a cooler, and make sure your car gets a road trip check-up before you go. And if whomever is driving isn't a seasoned driver, make sure they get plenty of sleep and make sure they stop for little naps along the way. If they EVER feel the slightest bit sleepy, pull over. I sound like my father, he gives me this lecture every time I leave on a road trip! At least you'll have your own vehicle while your there! You can go and drive around and see the sites. I am like a fish out of water without my car. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't have the appreciation of Canada and the States that I do. Anyway!! Your time is coming and you're in my prayers! Cheers! Lorraine
DONNA RELLA
on 7/2/05 2:57 am - Uvalde, TX
Thanks Lorraine... You are always sooooooo helpful. I think it will work out better driving. Any ideas on how much i will spend on gas? it is like 1300 miles. I love road trips and it will be fun having 3 friends to travel with...
Lorraine Wentz
on 7/2/05 11:43 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Donna, It's been awhile since I've done a road trip, but I don't suspect that, round trip, you'll spend more than you would have if Bambi picked you up and dropped you off at the airport. Oh! Don't forget the sunscreen! It's happened to me when I'm driving. I don't feel the sun's heat because of the air conditioning, but when I stop for the night the side of me that's next to the window is burnt! It's the worst kind of farmers tan you can have! Good luck and take care!! Cheers! Lorraine
Cheri Moran
on 7/2/05 9:30 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Donna! I know others have driven to Ensenada. Just a couple of things you will need to take care of before you make the trip. If your car is financed, you must get written permission from the lien holder before you can take it out of the country. You will need to have the written permission with you when you cross the border. In addition, you will need to get special insurance on your car in order for your insurance to be in effect in Mexico. I wish you the best and I'm glad it looks like everything is working out for you. Cheri
GW
on 7/2/05 10:47 am - Weatherford, TX
Wow Cheri! So glad you posted! I had no idea about all of that, but it is so good to know! Donna is lucky to have your around here! Genie
DONNA RELLA
on 7/2/05 5:12 pm - Uvalde, TX
I am indeed lucky and blessed to have that info. I will definitely take care of that. What do you all think about me parking in San Diego and still having Bambi pick us up....?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views