Surgery in Mexico

Ferchie
on 6/27/05 12:32 pm - Twin Falls, ID
I am from Idaho and I recently was denied by my ins co for RNY, that was my 1st priority, I was also checking into getting RNY in Mexico. I have been checking out different surgeons in Mexico and in Canada. I have decided on getting the info for Dr Aguirre in Ensenada. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the requested info and if there is a long wait for the surgery itself? I am very excited to get this done, I am 5'2' and 499 lbs my BMI is 91 and I just need to get this done. There is really no other way for me to go about this. Any info you have will be great. Thanks
pattycake
on 6/27/05 12:46 pm - macon, GA
if you have the money there really isn't a wait. just contact rosella who is dr aguire's asst/ daughter and she willsend you all the info. good luck. i had surgery 6-9-05.
Ferchie
on 6/27/05 12:56 pm - Twin Falls, ID
Thank you for the info, that was exactly what I wanted to hear. The money is not a problem, I am just waiting for the info at this point.
Amanda
on 6/27/05 12:48 pm - Kearney, NE
I went to Dr. A and it was the best decision of my life!!! Any questions that you may have, you can email his daughter, Rosella at [email protected]. She is very quick to reply back and will give you all of the information you need!!! I can't say enough good things about my Ensenada experience and I know there are many, many on this board that feel the same!!!! Good luck and if you need anything else, please feel free to email me! A
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/27/05 1:05 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Jeremy, WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!!!!!!! Ok, let's get down to business! I live in Canada, but I'm a US citizen, so I've got experience with both countries when it comes to hospitals and doctors. They both suck. So forget Canada. I don't think you'd be able to find a surgeon up here anyway. All but 2 or 3 have stopped taking new patients. It's a 2 year wait for an initial appt. and then another 3 to 5 for the actual surgery. Now! On to MEXICO! Dr. Aguirre is the most sought after surgeon, but there are many other wonderful surgeons down there. The costs for Dr. Aguirre are incredibly reasonable. It usually rounds out to be between $11,000 to $12,000 after flights, surgery, lodging, and other transportation, depending on where you're coming from. All you have to do is send an e-mail with all the questions you have to Rosella. She's Dr. A's daughter and assistant. [email protected] She will get back to you right away, and I mean right away. She's so very sweet. She'll answer all your questions and some. There are surgery dates available in July if you want. There's no wait like there is in the States and Canada. I hope this all helps. You've definitely come to the right place. If there are any questions you have, there are many post and pre ops here that are all too happy to answer them!! I haven't had my surgery yet. I'm booked with Dr. A on Aug. 5th. I can tell you, I don't think I'd be having this surgery if there wasn't the option of Mexico and I know for sure that I wouldn't be having it if it weren't for all the wonderful people here. They are all truely amazing. Welcome to Obesity Help heaven! Cheers! Lorraine
SandiBeach
on 6/27/05 2:40 pm - Northwest USA
Jeremy, I am close to you. Spokane, Wa. Dr A is the way to go! You should not have a long wait at all and everyone on this bord is so nuce and friendly. You should be able to get all the info you need. I have surgery 2 +++ years ago. Good luck and God bless.
Gitana
on 6/27/05 4:00 pm - taylorsville, UT
Jeremy, Just wanted to give you a big *Props for going for it! Good for you and the best of luck to you!! g
GW
on 6/28/05 12:23 am - Weatherford, TX
Jeremy, It's unanimous! I had surgery with Dr. A almost 4 months ago! He is so competant and caring. He blew me away! The Dr.'s here in the states could learn a thing or two from him, believe you me! Please let us know as soon as you get a date! I do have another email on Rosella. (Dr. A's daughter that will get with you and give you the available dates.) Her personal email is: [email protected]. Maybe send your email to both addresses, that way if she is busy and only checks one, she will get it. The longest I have EVER had to wait for a reply was 1 day. (Except when she was out of town on vacation. A well deserved vacation!) Take care, and this is a decision you will NEVER REGRET! Genie
DONNA RELLA
on 6/28/05 3:49 am - Uvalde, TX
OK, call Rosella and see if you can go mid JULY... i will be there and i am having surgery 7-15-05. We could visit. C'mon do it....
cathy.fowler
on 6/28/05 5:01 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Jeremy, Good choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In case you haven't noticed, we all agree......Dr A and his entire staff is great!!!!!!! Cathy Fowler -66
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views