Any one here have Dr Rumbaut for Dr?

Tosya K.
on 6/26/05 12:30 pm - Crowley, TX
I am planning on having surgury in Monerrey Mexico with Dr Rumbaut and from what I have read and heared he is a great Dr just wondering if any one here had used him and could tell me about the experiance. Thanks Tosya
Carrie S.
on 6/27/05 3:11 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Tosya, I had surgery with Dr. Rumbaut May 31. He, his staff, and the hospital are wonderful. Everyone was very attentive and although the nurses only speak Spanish his office provides an English to Spanish sheet that covers most requests you'll have. The hotel was ok. I encountered a few problems with the courtesy van and my room key having to be reset daily. An example of the inconvience due to the van and my key, was that I was left waiting 1.5 hours after being released from the hospital only to wait an additional 45 minutes in the lobby to get my key reset. Dr. Rumbaut's associates visited me regularly and were full of great advice on how to get protein in on a daily basis. Another example of how wonderful he is, Dr. Rumbaut himself even helped to arrange my early flight home. I will say in retrospect that traveling so soon after the surgery left me exhausted for a couple of days. I was pretty sore from the surgery, which didn't actually go away until the third week post-op. Overall, my experience was great. The surgery was great - my diabetes and high blood pressure are gone. I've lost 22 lbs so far, and happily I can begin eating regular foods again. Until a few days ago I was sticking to soups and soft foods, but now I am eating chili (wonderful!) and turkey with small pieces of toast. Dr. Rumbaut is great and the surgery has been a life changing event for me. Go for it!
bonnied
on 6/30/05 11:54 am - St. Albans, VT
Hi Tosya and welcome! I'm Bonnie and was in Monterrey for surgery June 3, I met Carrie there as well. I cannot say enough good things about my experience in Mexico. I was never once worried about my health or safety while I was there. I would go back in a heartbeat! Even my very negative husband was impressed! Dr. Rumbaut knows what he is doing and I felt very comfortable with him. And I'm glad I had laprascopic RNY, my incisions look like little cat scratches now. It will cost you more than some other docs, but if you can afford it, it's worth it. You will not have a big incision, you will have hardly any discomfort and will be up and walking around easily. Plus very little chance for a hernia after surgery. Another bonus: Monday I saw my PCP, he officially took me off all five meds for diabetes and high blood pressure, and I've lost 30 pounds! Check out my profile for more, email me with any questions YOU GO GIRL! Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views