Renee' R--Welcome home

theresa R.
on 6/22/05 9:20 am - Van Wert, OH
I noticed a new post on Renee'R's profile. Welcome Home, girl... Congrats on the new you, and best of luck!!!!
drinwi
on 6/22/05 12:51 pm - Lap RNY 6/13/05, WI
Heeeyyyy! Thanks for the welcome home. Yes we did get home yesterday and I immediately fell into the recliner where I've been for the most part since. I am so grateful for my doctor- Dr. Roberto Rumbaut! He is the best there is and his team follow suit. Their care is very hard to describe because it is so personal and gracious. I had the best experience in that way. In the surgical sense, it was a nightmare. My surgery ended up taking close to 7 hours due to lots of internal stuff. Dr. R was revising a lapband to a lap-RNY, and apparently I had lots of scar tissue that made things quite interesting. Then the following day I woke up with full blown shingles on my back. Well let me just say, I don't know what hurt worse, the back or front of me! My 3 day recovery turned into a full 6 days in the hospital where I recieved the best care. We changed our plans to return home 2 days later that originally planned. I am so glad that Dr. Rumbaut's office manager has the ability to handle all those types of details, it made life easier. THe last 3 days in Mexico at the hotel were both fun and hard, my pain level was really bad due to the G-tube that had to be left in. Then on Monday night, Dr. R came and cut the stitches from the plate holding the G-tube and my pain level dropped about 80%. The flights home were not bad, but very cramped and not comfortable at all. Dr. R's office manager had called ahead and asked for assistance at each gate so I was wheelchaired through the airports. I am officially on the other side. Just today I am feeling like I am hungry and the smell of food is tempting. I'm holding out until I can eat mooshy mashed potatoes. I look forward to that like it was lobster! My biggest desire right now is peanut butter. yummmmm I'm grateful for all the support and help from this site and this message board. I'll talk to you all soon! Renee' in Wisconsin
Cheri Moran
on 6/23/05 9:02 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Renee'! I'm glad you are home and recovering. It's amazing what happens when least expected. I'm glad Dr. Rumbaut was able to take care of everything without more serious problems. That scar tissue can really create problems. Isn't it amazing how wonderful an everyday food can sound when you can't have it? Hang in there, everything gets better. Welcome to the losing side! Cheri
bonnied
on 6/23/05 2:40 am - St. Albans, VT
Whooooohooooooo! Glad you're back! Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?