Prayers Needed........

DONNA RELLA
on 6/21/05 11:55 pm - Uvalde, TX
Lorraine, I went through the same thing last year. I was not able to have the hysterectomy that i needed because i was so anemic, and i was so anemic because i needed a hysterectomy. Did they give you a number? (like 6, 7, or 8) What is it? Also, spinich is good for you and has iron. There is a pill called Slow Fe that worked for me. When i went to the Dr. last week, my iron was a little low and he put me back on that to get me ready for my surgery... he also told me to start the multi vitamin... "one a day with iron" YOU are definitely in my prayers... lets not focus on rescheduling... lets just get you all better, ok?
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/22/05 2:11 am - St. Catharines, Canada
My hemoglobin is a 96, and the reference range is 120-160. My iron is 9 and the reference range is 10-291. Iron deficiency in females is indicated if ferritin levels are less than 10 ug/L. I have no idea what a normal range is for a female. Men obviously don't need to have as much as women if I'm deficient and 10 is within the ref. range. Men always have it easier. Men! I've been taking a series of different vitamins every day. In the morning I take: -women's daily vitamin -100 mg magnesium -600 mg ferrous gluconate -1200 mcg B12 time release -400 I.U. vitamin D -1 mg folic acid -600 mg calcium In the evening I take: -100 mg magnesium -600 mg calcium -600 mg ferrous gluconate I also take 600 mg. of ferrous gluconate in the afternoon. I need to start taking in some extra calcium to help with iron absorption. This is all so exasperating!! Thanks for the prayers!!! Cheers! Lorraine P.S. Have you figured out what to do about your friend's dilemma?
bonnied
on 6/22/05 3:00 am - St. Albans, VT
Hi Lorraine! Molasses has lots of iron in it too. Maybe you could substitute it as a sweetener in a few things. Cooking in cast iron cookware does add iron to the foods cooked in it, so get yourself a cast iron skillet and cook everything in it! I will pray for you. Good luck! Bonnie
drinwi
on 6/22/05 12:57 pm - Lap RNY 6/13/05, WI
Hey, don't let it get you down. you are a strong and vibrant woman and you can get through this with the help of your doctor. these trials in life just slow us down and burn up our positive energy and emotions, learning to cope with them takes time! be patient with yourself. you are in my thoughts and prayers! Renee' in Wisconson
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/22/05 4:40 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Thank you Renee! I hope all is returning to normal after your surgery. Well....as normal as normal can be after wls I suppose! You had it on my birthday ya know!! So we were both kinda born on June 13th! Har! Har! I'm a nut job in case you didn't notice. That's what my husband says anyway...... OK! I'm gonna go now and wish you luck on the other side!!! Cheers! Lorraine
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/23/05 7:00 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Thank you one and all for the tremendous amount of support you've given me! I, honest to god, don't know what I'd do without any of you. Thank you. Love, Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views