Protein, I am having a problem with it! Each day is a struggle!

bonnied
on 6/20/05 2:40 pm - St. Albans, VT
Hi guys I'm just a little over 2 weeks out from lap RNY. I am having a hell of a time getting in protein! I am trying my best, I sip on Isopure protein drinks, but it's hard to get even them down. I know it's not just me because I had a friend try it and she has not had surgery yet, and she couldn't drink a lot of it. I have mixed protein powder in pudding etc, but cannot comsume much of it to actually get any protein! I know I'm not in any danger of a big problem this close to surgery and my doc is not concerned at this point either. How long will this last? It takes me all day to get in the basic fluid requirements and supplements of multivites, B12 and calcium! Please don't take this as whining, I would just like to hear from some who are farther out than me. Thanks for your help! Bonnie On the upside, 22 pounds in 2 weeks ain't bad! People from work who haven't seen me since surgery say they can see a big difference already!
GW
on 6/20/05 10:51 pm - Weatherford, TX
On the whole, I would say you were ahead of me at this stage of the process. At two weeks out, I still couldn't get in all my liquid requirements. Some days, I still don't! Is the Isopure a struggle because of taste? I have never had that. Have you tried others? If you have a GNC near you, they have some really good ones. They have Pure Protien with 35 grams of protien, and Extreme Smoothies with 35 grams also. The pure protien is more expensive. The Extreme Smoothie has a Praline Scream that is so delicious! If you like praline icecream you will love this! Their chocolate, vanilla and strawberry are good to. I have heard bad things about the banana flavor so I have never tried that one. Try other flavors and other brands. How about cottage cheese? That has protien. Just mix it up some. Don't worry to much right now. You will be able to get more down later. I am 3.5 months out and things have definitely gotten better in that department! Good luck, and by the way, 22 pounds is awesome! You are doing great! Genie
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/21/05 2:19 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Genie, You're 3.5 months out and that's when most people say they start loosing hair, how is that going for you? Has it started yet? Have you been taking anything for it? Cheers! Lorraine
GW
on 6/21/05 5:16 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Lorraine, I have started to lose some hair. Not bed yet, but I want to nip it in the bud! I don't have that much to lose! I have very fine, thin hair. I was told that if I got in all my protien, it shouldn't be a problem. Well, either they were wrong, or it could be a whole lot worse! I am going to start taking hair supplements this weekend. Waiting for payday, ya' know! Anyway, like I said, it's not really that bad, but even if it were, it would be worth it! Take care! Genie
Lorraine Wentz
on 6/21/05 1:28 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Hey! I asked you about your hairloss before I went to my doc appt. so while I was there I asked him about it and I've posted what he said in a new post titled "Hairloss Explained Further." Cheers! Lorraine
GW
on 6/21/05 11:40 pm - Weatherford, TX
You are so thoughtful! Thank you so much! You are definitely an Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?