How Long Should DH Stay?

psgraham29
on 6/19/05 5:11 pm - Seattle, WA
I have surgery (RNY and gallbladder) scheduled on 7/13. We'll go down a couple of days early for sightseeing. Question is, how long should my husband stay? He'll be there for the surgery, the days after the surgery, and at least some of the days I'm recuperating at the hotel. I have both sick leave and vacation to cover my work absence, he'll be using vacation. Should he be there the entire time, or can he head back several days earlier without worrying much of complications that don't develop immediately? I'd appreciate hearing your experiences. I'll be making our flight reservations in the next couple of days.
bonnied
on 6/20/05 2:17 pm - St. Albans, VT
I will share with you my one regret. I did not purchase tickets that could be changed. I had surgery on Friday and was cleared to return HOME on Tuesday. Because my doc said plan on staying for 7 days after surgery, that's what I booked! I wish I had bought us one way tickets down and then the same when I was ready to go home, we would have been home 3 days earlier! I had a lap RNY and did really well, was up and out of bed. So, maybe you should make sure your tickets can be moved without great expense, because you might do so well that you can go early. I am really glad my DH was there otherwise I would have been really BORED! Good luck to you! Bonnie
Rickey C.
on 6/21/05 10:47 am - Benton, KS
I was just wondering where you are going? I will be in Monterrey on the 14th until the 21st and I'm going alone, so it would be great to have someone to talk to. Thanks, Chrissy from Kansas
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views