Kansas Dr's for aftercare?

Rickey C.
on 6/17/05 5:02 am - Benton, KS
I was wondering if there are any doctors in Kansas that will provide aftercare for me when I get back from mexico. I know there are docs that will not touch you if you had your surgery in Mexico. I have one in Topeka but he is not on my insurance anymore. I need one in case I have any problems, like a stricture after my lap. rny in Monterrey on July 15th. If anyone knows of any docs in Kansas that will provide my aftercare please email me at [email protected] Thanks, chrissy
Amazon
on 6/17/05 11:40 am - Liberal, KS
Chrissy: I will be in the same boat after I get my surgery too - looking for a Kansas Dr that can do fills for a lap band and aftercare. Do you think your Mexico Dr has a list of USA Drs that will help us? Thanks for asking this question, I have been wondering about the same thing. Charla
SandiBeach
on 6/17/05 12:23 pm - Northwest USA
If you ever have a serious complication, go to the ER (pick a hospital that does gastric bypass if you can). They have no choice but to help you. They should call a special doctor in that is knowledgable of your surgery and your special needs. You can then ask that doctor if they will be your doctor. Thats how I ended up with mine. Good luck.
bonnied
on 6/17/05 12:37 pm - St. Albans, VT
Sandi M is exactly right. If you have an emergent problem, go to an ER at a hospital that does WLS and they will hook you up. As for general aftercare like follow up visits and lab work etc, you will have a very hard time finding a doc who will do that on a Mexican surgical patient. Up here, you only see the surgeon one time after surgery anyway, then you see the nutritionist and nurse practitioner. My PCP can do all my labs and my insurance will send me to a nutritionist if my PCP recommends it. The only part about aftercare that we could all benefit from is the post-op meetings that US programs have and many of the groups wil let you in no matter where your surgery was done. You just need to find out more about your area hospital's WLS programs.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views